best for winter, lucas UCL or MMo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering which would b best for cold winter months? Its about 20 degrees outside, and have noticed better performance with Murphys mystery oil, compared ot lUcas UCL. Lucas seems ot do a better job during the summer. ANy thoughts or comments?

One thing that is different is that Lucas is a much thicker fluid. That might have something to do with it!?!?!

At the concentrations used, I don't think even lucas will change the gasoline at all. And its Marvel Mystery Oil. Murphy's oil soap is used to clean and polish wood.
laugh.gif

I use both really in my car, even in winter. I am running a heavy dose of both to see my cars reaction. And by heavy I mean
10oz Lucas
24oz MMO
5oz FP60
This is in a 14 gallon tank.
Car starts up so easily you would think its brand new(its really a 92 Daytona).

Lol, sorry about that, i called it Murphys, not Marvel! My bad. I had read, about someone who used Lucaas, ucl pulled his head off, and found it loked like it was trying to clean his piston tops.. obvioulsy it works pretty good! Wondered the same, about Marvel mystery oil... how good a cleaner it really is, ect. I normaly use like 7 or 9 oz per 10 gallons, of Lucas ucl. I drive until near empty, so its a basically empty tank.

Lucas UCL is one of their better products.
It is much more modern in composition than MMO, and works better in cleaning, and possibly other benefits.
Don't worry about it being thick - it will dilute in the gasoline and not be a factor at all.
I mix them together and hope for the best.

Overdosing is not a cost effective way of using a product, and may cause it to be less effective.

UCL is recommended to be used at 2-3oz/10gal. The 5.25oz bottle says "treats up to 25 gal", and the 32oz bottle says treats up to 100gal.

Quote:

Wondering which would b best for cold winter months? Its about 20 degrees outside, and have noticed better performance with Murphys mystery oil, compared ot lUcas UCL. Lucas seems ot do a better job during the summer. ANy thoughts or comments?

I would recommend: Florida
laugh.gif

I've used MMO both recently and a long time ago. This new "old" car I got here has a big bottle of MMO through it and after pulling the plugs, there was no red tinge like I saw before. My fuel pump is a lil loud, so I changed the filter and while stopping in for more MMO, I decided to try UCL instead, mostly because of reports here. I trust guys who say they got good results, I just want to lube my FP a lil bit. I've heard the best approach is MMO to soften deposits and then FI or intake cleaner to wash them away. I dunno. For UCL, even at $10 to treat 100g, that's $.10c/g, not exactly cheap. I'd just assume use 2-cycle oil for the fuel pump, yes?

Quote:

I've used MMO both recently and a long time ago. This new "old" car I got here has a big bottle of MMO through it and after pulling the plugs, there was no red tinge like I saw before. My fuel pump is a lil loud, so I changed the filter and while stopping in for more MMO, I decided to try UCL instead, mostly because of reports here. I trust guys who say they got good results, I just want to lube my FP a lil bit. I've heard the best approach is MMO to soften deposits and then FI or intake cleaner to wash them away. I dunno. For UCL, even at $10 to treat 100g, that's $.10c/g, not exactly cheap. I'd just assume use 2-cycle oil for the fuel pump, yes?

I'd say NO.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...m7r49lwhvdb82mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back