Best oil for a 2003 Dodge Neon

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are you mixing viscosities? Just curious...

You should use whatever your manual tells you to...I'm guessing 5W-30...

How often do you change the oil? How fast do you accumulate miles? What's your style of driving?

All of these should be answered before a good oil recommendation can be made...

What color is your Neon?

If it is red, look for oil in a red bottle. If it is a silver car, look for oil in silver bottles. They’re color coded for your car. The closer you can match the color of your car -- the better the oil is for your car. If you can’t find a bottle of oil exactly matching the color of your car, go to the oil-order-desk and special order it.

rugerman.gif
deadhorse.gif

Seriously. Any brand name oil with the latest specifications (SM/GF-4) should provide very good service for a 5k mile oil change interval.

Above 0*F 10w30
Below 100*F 5w30
Brand: Any high quality inexpensive SM oil; Superflo, Pennzoil, Havoline, Chevron, Motorcraft, Castrol, Supertech
Filter: WIX, Purolator, or Supertech (Walmart)

Quote:

That does not make sense.

Thats what the mfg suggest. Seems to make sense to me. If you are always in temps below 100*F, use 5w30. If you are always in temps above 0*F use 10w30. Somewhere inbetween, use whichever you prefer. In both temp extreams, switch seasonally.

In 05, the Neon specs for 5w20. I think that was the first year. 5w20 or 5w30 would be fine. Use whatever your manual states. 5w30 is still easier to come by, so use it. I ran the initial 2 OCIs with GTX. On the 3rd, I switched to PP. This motor seems to love it thus far. For fitlers, I have used a PureOne, and Napa Gold. I had a hard time threading the P1. No issues with the Napa Gold.

I have a neon 1995 SOHC. Ive used jsut about every oil imaginable. I found, my neon ran SWEET and SMOOTH on supertech 5w30. I mea RELALY SMOOth11 Other oils, either made it feel groggy or made the engine feel hesitant/

Quote:

I have a neon 1995 SOHC. Ive used jsut about every oil imaginable. I found, my neon ran SWEET and SMOOTH on supertech 5w30. I mea RELALY SMOOth11 Other oils, either made it feel groggy or made the engine feel hesitant/

I thought I read here that the East Coast Supertech dino is (SOPUS) Shell Oil. Or maybe it was the Left Coast?... dunno!
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back