50 state legal diesels-When?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is this country going to sell diesels in all 50 states?I heard 2009-2010 was the year that this will happing but right before it does the new restriction will most likely kick in.Joe
fruit.gif

Don't hold your breath. The tree huggers will hug the politicians and they will save us from the evils of diesel engines. Remember, diesel engines are only more efficient, they don't vote.

yep... v8 expeditions are partial zero emissions vehicles getting 8 MPG, and jettas are gross polluters getting 46...

Something tells me that tonnage wise, there is something very wrong.

People are tools...

JMH

You can thank or legislators for keeping diesels back. We're supposed to wait for hydrogen cells or ride a bike. Just because a diesel makes sense does not mean you will see very many of them any time soon. The fact that they get good mileage, have infrastructure to deliver the fuel and mechanics can easly adapt to them does not mean that they are not evil. One of our customers is having problems with a 49 state diesel that he is driving in California. He may have to register as a diesel offender with the California DMV. Right now his registeration is being held up and he now has a case number assigned to him. Maybe he is the cause of global warming. Because of all this I hold little hope for diesel cars in California.

Quote:

One of our customers is having problems with a 49 state diesel that he is driving in California. He may have to register as a diesel offender with the California DMV. Right now his registeration is being held up and he now has a case number assigned to him

The motor vehicle laws are pretty straight-forward -- if you bring a non-CARB-approved vehicle into California with less than 7500 miles, you will have trouble.

Quote:

You can thank or legislators for keeping diesels back. We're supposed to wait for hydrogen cells or ride a bike. Just because a diesel makes sense does not mean you will see very many of them any time soon. The fact that they get good mileage, have infrastructure to deliver the fuel and mechanics can easly adapt to them does not mean that they are not evil. One of our customers is having problems with a 49 state diesel that he is driving in California. He may have to register as a diesel offender with the California DMV. Right now his registeration is being held up and he now has a case number assigned to him. Maybe he is the cause of global warming. Because of all this I hold little hope for diesel cars in California.

That's right and Maryland will be the next state to hold back the new diesel cars and light trucks with their politicians married to the environmental special interest groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back