Castrol Syntorq - Where to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GM and DCX dealers get upwards of $20 a quart for this liquid gold. You can get a 16 gallon keg for a little less than 600 bucks from the Regional Castrol distributors. The best small quantity retail price I've ever found was here:

http://quad4x4.com/NV4500 Parts.htm

Standard Transmisison in TX sells it by the gallon for slightly less, but shipping pretty much ruins that prospect.

Is Castrol Syntorq and GM part # 12346190 the same thing? I have seen elsewhere the claim that GM part # 12346190 is Syntorq that is packaged for GM. I know that I cannot confirm nor reject the assertion.

Quote:

Is Castrol Syntorq and GM part # 12346190 the same thing?

coffee.gif

According to CASTROL:
Message: Here is the response to the inquiry I sent to Castrol USA about where to get Castrol TAF-X in the USA: "Castrol TAF-X 75W-90 GL-4 gear oil is made in the U.K. and sold only in Europe. However, the equivalent in the U.S. is Syntorq LT. Having said that, Syntorq LT SAE 75W-85, API GL -4 is a premium high performance, synthetic gear lubricant for synchronized manual transmissions. The all new "clean slate" approach enables Syntorq LT to provide consistent performance and durability under the most severe operating conditions due to its unique polymer free formula. It has been designed primarily as a problem solving gear lubricant for manual transmissions to provide reduced gearshift effort at low temperatures. Syntorq LT is available through General Motors (Part #12346190) and Chrysler (Part #4637579) dealerships. Please contact your local dealership."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back