what is Risolone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean they still make this stuff?? I remember buying it 30+ yrs ago to add to my crankcase, before oil had so many additives. It was much thinner than STP and so made more sense to me, still probably a waste of money then as now.

Quote:

You mean they still make this stuff?? I remember buying it 30+ yrs ago to add to my crankcase, before oil had so many additives. It was much thinner than STP and so made more sense to me, still probably a waste of money then as now.

yep, they sell it at Walmart here in the States.
usa2.gif

I have always wondered about this stuff. I see it everywhere here. Even some drug stores carry it. Does it clean your engine? or is it just one of those mystery majic garbage fake additives.

Quote:

I have always wondered about this stuff. I see it everywhere here. Even some drug stores carry it. Does it clean your engine? or is it just one of those mystery majic garbage fake additives.

Over time, I suppose it may clean a bit. It is recommended to run it in place of one quart of oil over an OCI. I don't think it would be as strong as an "engine flush" type product with that sort of use recommendation.

I am liking LC20 so far. I think it is actually cleaing my engine AND improving its performance. When I place the LC in, the oil was honey colored. After about 500 miles with it in the oil is not VERY dark brown and heading towards black. I trust LC more than I trust Rislone.

thanks...but to a guy like me, that means nothing LOL...
i see what it contains, but what do those things do?

I just dumped 8 oz MMO in the tank and will dumb the rest will go in the oil when i get back from my long trip (rather break down locally LOL)...it can only help with the cold weather we are having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back