Barium 0

Sus@210F 64.8 should be 59 - 66

FlashInF 425 should be > 400

Fuel% - should be < 1.0

Antifreeze% - should be 0

Water% 0.0 should be 0.0

Insolubles% 0.0 should be < 0.7

TBN 10.8

Blackstone Comments: Blackstone Comments: This oil has a starting TBN of 10.8, which is about as high as any type oil we know of for a 10W/30. Apparently this oil has a diesel engine rating to start out with a TBN this high. The viscosity was strong for a 10W/30 when checked @ 210ºF. This oil was found to be clean and dry and it should serve your engine's needs well.

My Comments: Got this mixed 4 qt.'s + 1 qt. of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 in both my moms and brothers 3.8L Ford's...oil pressure comes up nice and quick in our cold Chicago climate. I'll probably do a UOA on one of them at some point, except they both put so few miles on it'll take forever for their next oil change, and the results will be skewed due to Ford's cr@ptastic head gasket design on these engines....
frown.gif

Enjoy All!

Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
I would assume there are adds that are not showing up on the analasys. Since this looks like a normal oil.
Greg Harrison

I also wouldn't carve these additive levels in stone until you had VOAs from a couple of other quality labs.

There's a Shell Rotella T 15W-40 CJ-4 (don't know if it's API SM like this VOA or not yet) VOA that was just provided by calbrewin and done by Blackstone linked below:

Rotella T CJ-4 15W40 VOA

Basically the same Boron, but it has about 1000 ppm more of Calcium, 100 ppm more of Phosphorus, and 200 ppm more of Zinc.

Guess we won't know for sure until other do some more VOA's on these oils...

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back