Techron concentrate used as maintenance dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have not found any information for Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner recommended to be used at each fill as a maintenance dose on a weekly basis.

If it was to be used weekly what's the correct dosage for the fuel treatment, 1 oz (30ml) per 45 litre tank ?

Current usage is about every 6 months (varies between 6000km to 7000km) just before the oil and filter change.

Incidently, is a weekly maintenance dosage better than a 6 month perodic system flush.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Thanks, Virginoil

I wouldn't bother with it using it like that. If you want a constant clean use Redline SI-1 at a dose of 1/4 or 1/2 bottle every other tank. Techron is good at cleaning but it seems to loose effectiveness when you only use tiny amounts.

If the only product you can secure is Techron, and if you really value a clean fuel system I would say run a bottle every 3 months. That should be more than enough to keep it in tip top condition.

http://www.chevron.ca/ProductsServices/Retail/FuelSystemCleaner.htm

"If you regularly use a high-quality gasoline such as Chevron, you probably don't need Techron® Concentrate."

That tells me that constant tiny amounts are indeed helpful.

If you don't use their gas and want to add Techron to other gas, they say this... (warning: math ahead!)

"Use every 5,000 kms to keep your entire fuel system clean.
Available in two sizes, 355ml bottle treats up to 45L and 590ml bottle treats larger tanks, up to 75L."

Virginoil has a 45 L tank so we'll dump in 355 ml every 5k km (3k miles). Say you get 20 mpg. That's 150 gallons, 600 L of gas in that time. If you added that bottle of Techron gradually over the whole time, that's just over 0.5 ml Techron per liter gas, so 22.5 ml per 45 L gas. So an ounce per tankful sounds just about right.

i use to use this but have switched to fp60 from lube control and like that much better. all three of my cars seem to have much more pep since using fp60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back