How good is your oil in the cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By next week, you're gonna find out! Coldest air this season is blowing in from the north with a huge swath of well below 0 draped across the upper midwest. Burrrrrrrrrrrrr

coldit0.gif

Every five or six years, we get a really mild winter around here, and this is it. I have PP 5W-30 in the Hondas, Pennzoil 10W-40 in the Benz, and M1 5W-30 in the Aero. All would prbablt be fine on 10W-30, save the Benz, which likes a heavier oil.
By now, we should have seen significant snow. Instead, we have seen significant rain, about 4" in the last couple of weeks. Friday is forecast to be 51 F and sunny.
This is what you have to love about Ohio. What you see is what you get, and the weather changes by the day.

Drew99GT, some are saying that this coming storm will be worse then the first one! Every week we are getting a major snow storm. We need to contact Al Gore, the internet genius and global warming expert, and find out what is happening!

I am still trying to complete my Auto-RX cleaning using convnetional oil. I have about 140 miles left to go. So I hope it does not get too cold. I already have the Mobil 1 0W-30 for the wintertime. I will be putting that oil in next week.

Here in Sacramento, the expected lows will be in the mid to upper 20's and the highs to be in the mid 40s. Not extremely cold but definitely the coldest it has been in years.

Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 in both cars Hondas should do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back