New Havoline with "Deposit Shield" for $ 2.69

Status
Not open for further replies.
drool.gif

Last edited:
Check out the GTR 700 specs ; that Skyline makes over 1300 hp from about 2.7 liters. You can do the math there if you want to get into some lame hp/L battle.
grin.gif
That's almost DOUBLE what your weee little Audi could muster.
crackmeup.gif

Quote:

I welcome direct comparison to any make/model for the given eras, 1986, 1992, 1996...etc. Asians and especially Domestics

You asked
laugh.gif

Last edited:
1990-1992, isn't that the peroid when Audi came into IMSA and dominated for a few years until they are banned for "unfair advantage"? Remember those days?

imsaracer.jpg

If we're taking production cars, I'm pretty sure the RS cars can hold their own. They seemed to do pretty well in Speed GT competition.
014__scaled_600.jpg

RS6 Executive Sedan on the same track with the less-than-exotic Corvette sports car. Who was finishing ahead? Don't make me laugh. I see GT cars finishing ahead of the GT-S Corvettes. fwiw, I don't recall many Skyline GTR 700s being delivered in the USA and they are devoid from any competetion I know of, yet alone won any race. DTM has been dominatted by Audi as well as the ultimate racing, LeMans.
010__scaled_600.jpg

I'd like to know which racing bracket was dominated by late '90 Vettes, as Gene claims. A cheap fast car it may be, but how old are we?

This is more like it when you think of '90's American production cars.
beretta_paint.jpg

Buick Grand National falls into the bracket I call "comical".
laugh.gif
crushedcar.gif
fruit.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

Quote:

As far as street cars, how me some 250k miles Vettes. lol.

There are quite a few 250k plus Corvettes out there. Want proof?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1554877

Here are a few pics from that thread:

ebf78604.jpg

2203766_137_full.jpg

That's only a small sampling. I know of at least one 99 which is over 320k on the original engine and trans, and I know of a few others close to 300k right now.

[/QUOTE]

I wanna see pics of the OUTSIDE, my man!

Car weenies..

And the Champ IS:
CBR1000RR_Red_Black.jpg

From turn to turn, in a race, you'll wear OUT your fragile little racecars staying within 5 seconds a lap of this puppy.

Cars are SO funny. Especially Vettes and Grand Nationals/NASCAR. Please, I can't believe folks get their britches wadded up arguing car performance.
laugh.gif

Weren't you already banned for your pompas attitude and degradation of other people once already? You come across like someone...............oh who was that now
confused.gif
Ah yes, Mr. Audi Junkie. Couldn't be...
flamed.gif

RR is sweet. My bikes were lame-o GP-Z 550 and 750.
Oh, can you be banned for "attitude"? It's not mentioned in the Terms of Service Agreement. (shrug)

Yeah, the sport bikes are pretty sweet. You have to get into exotic unobtainium like the good Doctor Haas' Enzo to get into power-to-weight ratios such as these bikes today.

Too bad no-brain, can't-ride wussie-boys like Ben Rothlesburger get their hands on em, crash em for no good reason, and give em a bad name..

So, there doesn't seem to be too many takers on Havoline with Deposit Shield.

Havoline had the right idea in their value/price concept and I'm afraid they will lose market share if they try the top tear name brand dino price point. The vast majority of folks who use Havoline do it for it's old price point.

As long as Chevron with Deposit Shield doesn't come out, us cheap skates'll be fine!
cheers.gif

Quote:

The vast majority of folks who use Havoline do it for it's old price point.

Well, for a prime-time dino @ $1.99 what wasn't to like? Now, the "new" Havoline is just like any other over-priced dino that dino-lovers such as Utah Bill wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole given alternatives such Chevron, ST, and a host of other sub-one-and-two dollar dinos. If I were the Havoline peeps, I might have held this changeover back until the next upgrade in API/ILSAC specs..

I just picked up 6 gallons of the "old formula" from AA. Two in quart bottles for $1.55/qt and the other 4 gallons for just under $6/gallon in gallon jugs.

Quote:

Quote:

The vast majority of folks who use Havoline do it for it's old price point.

Well, for a prime-time dino @ $1.99 what wasn't to like?

Maybe you missed my "value/price" part of my post. My point was exactly yours! There is nothing not to like with Havoline and Chevron................got several cases in the stash as I type!

Quote:

Dammit Drew! YOU grabbed it all!

No wonder I can't find anymore!
mad.gif

Oh...you're in Colorado..

Its still available for $1.99 at Fred's Dollar Stores. To bad the Havoline Filters (Purolator Premium Plus) went up to $2.09

Quote:

I wanna see pics of the OUTSIDE, my man!

And I'd like to see a compilation of the OPERATING costs of the "typical" 250,000 mile Audi. Yesterday's WSJ had a question from a guy who couldn't understand why his Toureg needed 800 bucks worth of brake rotors every 40k miles....
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back