CD-2 75000 Plus for High Mileage Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas all you SLOB lovers, here is the data on the high mileage stuff:

Iron: 9
Chromium: 0
Lead: 2
Copper: 0
Tin: 0
Aluminum: 4
Nickel: 0
Silver: 0
Silicon: 22
Boron: 68
Sodium: 275
Magnesium: 280
Calcium: 8678
Barium: 0
Phosphorus: 3642
Zinc: 4007
Titanium: 0
Vanadium: 1
Potassium: 0
Viscosity at 100C: 21.43 cSt
Water 0.05
Fuel 0.00
Soot/solids: 0.00
Glycol: N
TBN: 16.20

Very nice. Boys, if the SLOB is all sold out, then get ya some 75K. Sorry, I should have done this 6 months ago, but for all who stocked up, this is good news. I aim to pick up a few bottles. There were six at the Westland Big Lots about a week or so ago and the other day they were gone.
frown.gif
But there should be a few at my other two BLs. Besides I have about 30 bottles of SLOB.

=====================================
For comparison, here is the SLOB data (from same lab BTW):

Parameter: VOA Data (Manufacturer's data)

Zinc: 4898 ppm (4700)
Phosphorus: 4921 ppm (4300)
Calcium: 4279 ppm (7800)
Moly: 0 ppm (0)
Vis @100C: 29.5 cSt (28)

The lab report also showed 13 ppm magnesium, 11 ppm silicon, 5 ppm sodium, and 3 ppm iron.

Awesome! Even more calcium than SLOB. And Boron? Wow...

I stopped at 30 bottles b/c I was worried about the VII's, though. What do ya think?

VIIs don't seem too bad compared to VSOT and the 75K stuff is about like a straight 50 weight. I just got 6 bottles 75K today.

Well I'm assuming the VSOT has VIIs, but maybe not. I'm not sure SLOB has VIIs now that I think about it. Could simply be a thick base oil. In fact, after CD2 gave me the zinc, phosphorus, moly (0), and calcium levels I emailed them back and asked if the base was petrol or synthetic, and they responded that "the base oil in our product (SLOB) is petroleum based with a viscosity of 120 SUS." Not sure what the conversion of SUS to cSt is, but I bet SLOB does not have VII and I bet 75K doesn't either.

Well, sadly, no.

Here was the email I got from CD-2 back in the spring, when we were wondering if it or SLOB was better. This is why I stayed away....but in hindsight....

Quote:

Dear Mr. Cockrell:

Thank you for your interest in our CD-2 75,000 Plus Oil Converter, Stock No. 4275. In response to your question, this product contains a complete SJ additive package in addition to increased levels of ZDDP, and calcium based detergents. This product also has additional levels of an improved viscosity modifier that helps maintain the viscosity of the oil under high temperature and running conditions. The actual levels of each additive are proprietary. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

CD-2 Company
Richard P. Kelly
Technical Manager, Performance Products

Wow i love that Calcium
crazy.gif

i think when my 62 bottles of lovely SLOB is gone i'm
going to stock up.(maybe before
grin.gif
)

where can you get this cd-2

If anyone wants pdf files of the lab sheets for SLOB, 75K and VSOT, just PM me an email address and I'll send them.

This stuff is a 50 weight? I just put a bottle, of theis high mileage stuff, black bottle) in my fathers 98 corolla, its NOT that thick! t literaly poured out like water almost. NOt Like Stp, for examplem where it takes 30 minutes to drain the bottle. This stuff is that thick?

The 75K stuff tested out to 21.4 cSt at 100C. The STP is somewhere around 200 cSt at 100C, depending on whether it's the blue or red bottle. The 75K is not going to raise your viscosity by much. Shouldn't matter.

Paul. If I where you I would be happy that you have the nearly indestructible Ford inline 6. I am surprised it did not puke up all the add's you throw down it's guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back