Hmm...quicker than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

I wave at everyone when I ride but it's the HD guys that don't wave back. In fairness to HD riders it's a small percentage but when they don't wave it's always a Harley.

That's because we're better than everyone else.

crackmeup.gif

Quote:

I wave at everyone when I ride but it's the HD guys that don't wave back. In fairness to HD riders it's a small percentage but when they don't wave it's always a Harley.

I seem to get a mix of every kind of rider that doesn't wave back, <5% of the total.

Quote:

LOL...the same thing happens to me when I ride my Lowrider. Lots of the older HD guys with the ponytails on their baggers snub me even when I wave to them. They seem to have some "I got here first biker creed" which is total B$ but I really don't care. I didn't buy my motorcycle to impress some frickin idiot anyway.
laugh.gif

When someone doesn't wave back at me I just assume he's a noob and is therefore afraid not to keep both hands on the handlebars just like the DMV instructor told him/her to do.

laugh.gif

Remember when VW bug drivers all waved at each other? They were unique and not very many of them. As more hit the road and they weren't new and different the wave vanished. Now that bikes are everywhere and nothing special I can see where the bike wave may eventually go away also.

When I was in Arizona the briggs n davidson guys would lift a leg at you with a "pi ss on ya" gesture if you weren't riding a farm implement.

When I was younger it was all about speed. Not anymore.

My favorite Japanese Street Bike is the standard 1980 Yamaha 650 Twin. I also enjoy the SR500.

Local dealer who rides a Kawasaki ZX14 daily (and Bracket Races it every Friday) finds the most fun bike for weekend rides is a Indian-Built Enfield.

There is something to be said for simple bikes.

My fastest bike, out of the hole anyway, was a Kaw 2 stroke 500 triple, ported with expansion chambers. Compared to todays bikes it handled like #@$%!, but I was too young and foolish to want to know any better. The wave meant hi, here I am, if you break down or need assistance I'll do what I can..don't think so anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back