best 0w20 / 5w20 synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say go stock up on Pennzoil Platinum at Advance Auto's BOGO sale ... or the QS TorquePower BOGO + $15 off 5 quarts. Run it 10k+ and don't worry about UOA at that milage.

I'd say, with your annual mileage, that whether you choose a dino/semi/full synth will depend on how often you want to change it. By the factory numbers you're looking at 4 OCIs per year. Seeing as you're way out of common bounds ..that can stretch, maybe, to 10k (3 times a years) ...but I imagine with a synth, backed up by at least one UOA ..maybe two, you could be down to a 6month OCI without too much trouble.

Now this would be a BOLD MOVE by BITOG standards...
grin.gif

I love Platinum at its current pricing at Advance Auto (through the next three days). I'm using it for 10k changes as well, but in Hondas.

For the money, PP at WM for $4 is hard to beat. Any synthetic 20 weight will do fine. I run PP in my Acura and change it every 10K.

Quote:

TWBG, the M1 0w-20 could have very well contained Group III. I think XOM has been doing this for awhile. But I also believe that some grades are still all PAO like the 0w-40. I think it varies by the viscosity grade. I too liked the 0w-20 M1 in the Honda. I have the MC in now. Might try the PP 5w-20 also.

What specifically did you like about Mobil 1 0W-20?

Have you tried Mobil 1 5W-20 in the same vehicle?

TWBG
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back