Valvoline Premium Blue 5W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind this is in Canadian dollars but I can buy a 4 litre container of Rotella 5W40 for as little as $22.08 from a Shell dealer or $27.99 in the store that also had a 3.78 Litre (1 US gallon) container of the Premium Blue 5W40 for $19.99.

I'm sure both of these oils are great but why would a canadian consider either of them when esso xd-3 can be had for less than 20 bucks at a dealer?

I'm not aware of xd-3. Is it synthetic and available in 5W40? I already own cases of Rotella as I use it in my tractor.

I've read that Rotella 0W40 is not suitable for m/c's due to an additive. How does xd-3 differ?

The reason rotella 0w-40 won't work isn't because it is a 0w oil it is because it has friction modifiers that make wet clutches slip. I don't know the specifics but the xd-3 works very well. I have it in my quad right now.

I won't say its better because I really don't know. From what I gather reading others reports it is better and it is a "true" synthetic. You have to come up to canada to get it.

I believe it is available in the US as Exxon XD-3 and only in 10W30 and 15W40 formulations. In Canada, Esso XD-3 is available in 0W30, 0W40 and 15W40. Similarly, the Rotella 0W40 is only available in Canada.

Quote:

Similarly, the Rotella 0W40 is only available in Canada.

One can purchase Rotella in the 15W40 flavour at CTC, Walmart etc. Rotella's flavour of 5W40 is available at TSC Stores "The Incredible Country Hardware Store". They also carry other oils that I've not seen in local CTC or Walmart stores, i.e. Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5W40, Valvoline SynPower 5W40 etc.

This has got to be a first. Americans paying more for oil than us Canadians. We can get a jug of premium blue extreme for 20 bucks at any tsc. Who said the Valvoline was a pao oil? I thought it was gp. III.

Quote:

Its a PAO synthetic and is available in 0w-30 and 0w-40 versions. Alot of people here think very highly of this oil.

warlord are talking the VPB 5w40 or the 030 and 40 here??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back