What Autorx did and didn't do-

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my engine second application of the product I am equally as impressed as the first. The process has been exactly like the first, the oil starts clear but after about one long trip starts turning black with tiny sootish marks on the stick. Vehicle is a 1987 Ford Ecolonine V8 with about 140k on the meter-

ARX fixed my engine knock- Shorty after I entered my rinse phase my knock is gone. The vehicle was knocking badly before the treatment.
ARX fixed the hesitation I had in the vehicle. This happened very early in the cleaning process, my vehicle was borderline stalling but now has good compression all the time. I can't tell you how impressed I am with this!

ARX didn't fix my valve cover leak, the previous owner said it was leaking for 5 years so I'm not sure anything will stop that except maybe a new gasket. Interesting point is that the leak is slower and smells much less strong.
ARX didn't stop the fuel smell I'm getting in the oil. I thought it might have, but after more miles my oil smells like fuel still, but again a lot less than before my ARX treatment.

I had also used fuel system cleaners which may have helped with some of these, but I think ARX was most responsible. When I first bought the Van I put some Techron in it, but still had the hesitation after. The hesitation was gone after I started the ARX but before I started with other fuel system cleaners.

Something I don't know yet but will very soon is how it effected my Smog scores. I recently bought the vehicle and needed Smog for that, but I am also going to have to smog it again for Date. I'll update that in a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back