Union Sangyo Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw these on www.autohausaz.com. Two varieties, a made in Japan, and a made in malaysia, price was approx 6$ and 3$ respectively. Application is Nissan Frontier 3.3L V6 Supercharged (equiv to Fram PH7317).

Any ideas on the quality? Construction is excellent, pleating seems evenly spaced (looking through to the inside), and ADBV seems to be silicone variety. Both the Japan and malaysia version look identical. Here's some pics:

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0006.jpg

Any info, experience, etc would be appreciated!

Quote:

Any info, experience, etc would be appreciated!

These were discussed about this time last year. They are sold as NIPPON filters and Union Sangyo.

http://www.unionsangyo.com/oil.htm

The Japanese parent company is Union Sangyo Co Ltd, Japan. The managing director, director, and
factory manager of the Malaysian operation are also apparently Japanese.

Their machines, QC regime, and manufacturing techniques are all Japanese. I note one of their main suppliers is Awa Paper Manufacturing Co Ltd, Japan, which is a major filter material supplier in Japan.

The marking on the filter are in English and Japanese.

I happen to have some Honda 15400-PR3-004 filters, the old 80mm style, made by Toyo Roki.

The exterior of this filter is almost a slavish copy of the Toyo Roki.

I have no idea how it performs, but it looks like a quality piece of work.

I purchased them not knowing what to expect, but you're right... The filter is built like a tank and screams quality.

I wonder what makes the made in Malaysia variety 2-3$ cheaper. Cheaper labor? They both appear identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back