Mobil-1 5W30 Extended Performance ILSAC GF4 API SM

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since we saw a VOA of Mobil-1 Extended Performance, so, since I saw on my recent last oil change the Mobil-1 5W-30 EP that I use had on the bottle itself gone to ILSAC GF-4 and API SM lables, I thought it'd be interesting to see what a VOA looked like, with TBN.

Enjoy!

Results:

Code:

Element VOA

Aluminum 0

Chromium 0

Iron 0

Copper 0

Lead 0

Tin 0

Molybdenum 80

Nickel 0

Manganese 0

Silver 0

Titanium 0

Potassium 0

Boron 80

Silicon 5

Sodium 3

Calcium 2161

Magnesium 13

Phosphorus 631

Zinc 672

Barium 0

SuS@210F 64.2

Flash_F 440

Fuel % -

Antifrz% -

Water % 0.0

Insoles% 0.0

TBN 10.0

Blackstone Comments: The TBN of this oil read 10.0, very high. 1.0 is considered low. The viscosity of this oil was in middle of the SAE 30W range and no moisture was found. It would be correct for a 0W/30 or 10W/30 as well. The molybdenum is an anti-wear additive as are phosphorus and zinc. Boron, calcium (the dominant additive), and magnesium are all detergent/dispersant additives. Silicon is an anti-foam additive and sodium is a trace element and not a problem. This oil should serve your engine(s) well.

Chuck

Last edited:
Thanks Chuck! Looks a tad bit different than earlier versions of M1. Prior versions used about 200ppm of Boron. They lowered it by quite a bit. Moly is about the same but it could be that new Moly they came out with.

Eddie- I'll be sending in a VOA sample of that to Blackstone this weekend...so end of this week, start of next, we'll have the results back.

I'm interested myself to see how far off from this VOA it is, considering it too is API SM, ILSAC GF-4, and Energy Conserving.

I'll start a new VOA thread for it, and also post back here with a link to that thread, once the VOA results come in on it.

Chuck

The VOA for Mobil-1 5W-30 Truck and SUV API SM ILSAC GF4 is located here:

Mobil-1 5W-30 Truck and SUV API SM ILSAC GF4

Essentially, given sample testing deviation, I'd think that - using simple tests like Blackstone is using to give us these VOA's - there exists very little to no difference between Mobil-1 5W-30 Extended Performance and Mobil-1 5W-30 Truck and SUV.

Chuck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back