'06 Silverado Z-71 4x4 - Best grease??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so which grease should I use for my new '06 Silverado Z-71? I have some Mobil 1 Synthetic grease....is Mobil 1 a good grease to use? I've read a lot of good things about Schaeffer's and Amsoil. I've read a lot of posts complaining how Mobil 1 grease separates and runs all over. Just want to make sure I'm using a good high quality grease.

Thanks!

Start of with the correct soap type that the OEM used
that will minimize any "de gelling" problems that happen with incompatible greases. Then pick a grease that has a
rating for chassis use. then use whatever you want.
bruce

I think Mobil 1 should be just fine!

The zerk fitting on the steering towards the passanger side can be replaced with a 90 degree fitting and it will let you get at it much easier.
cheers.gif

Jason

You probably already know this, but for the benefit of other chev full-size owners:

There are 11 zerks for the front suspension.

Upper ball joints - 2
Lower ball joints - 2
Tie rod - 4
Steering arm - 1
Idler arm - 2

cheers.gif

Tundra's have fittings for the u-joints and slip yoke. Nothing on the suspension that I know of.

Holy Thread Resurrection!

I've been using Valvoline SynPower in mine. Seems to work good and it's available at most auto stores.

Originally Posted By: mdv
Tundra's have fittings for the u-joints and slip yoke. Nothing on the suspension that I know of.

Same way with my daughters 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4. All I could find was the u-joints (so far) anyway.

my e-150 get amsoil glccr every 4-5k. i use that on my golf course equipment except for the rollers which get gwrcr, a water resistant formulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back