Castrol vs Royal Purple vs Mobil vs Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

This has to be about the worst thread I've ever seen on BiTOG.
thread.gif

Where do I start?

Whoever said Amsoil contains PTFE or any form of Teflon is so full of caca, I don't know what else I can add, but there sure are some misinformed souls out there.

Yes Amsoil blends their own oils? So what? So does Redline, Royal Purple, Castrol, Torco,....and yes even Mobil. Citing Wikipedia is usually pretty lame, but since I actually wrote part of that - I'll tell you to go back and read it again. Amsoil does NOT buy all their PAO basestock from Mobil and does not make the oil exactly like Mobil1.

deadhorse.gif

I recently heard that Amsoil will be getting their own dinosaurs which will put them on the same level as Mobil. I bet A.A. will be so happy that he is no longer thought of as a "blender".

Well, thanks to this site, I've come to the conclusion, that the car will probobly fall apart long before the engine dies from lack of using the best oil I can find. I think 4-5k mi OCI w/ dino stuff and a good filter will be fine w/ my 9 y/o vehicle.
Also, I just bought a new car in warranty that requires OCI of 5k miles. I'm not going to bother w/ the Amsoil if I'm not doing extended drains.
I do like the stuff though.

Quote:

Of the synthetics, which carry an API certification?

popcorn.gif

In Canada, Mobil 1 Extended Performance carries the API certification.
dunno.gif
How does this work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:

I've come to the conclusion, that the car will probobly fall apart long before the engine dies from lack of using the best oil I can find. I think 4-5k mi OCI w/ dino stuff and a good filter will be fine w/ my 9 y/o vehicle.

Salt is a killer
frown.gif
. But still, wouldn't Amsoil flow better in the winter? It gets cold around the Great Lakes. The whole idea of Amsoil is extended drains. For some reason Amsoil didn't work for you.
beer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back