2004 POLARIS JET SKI OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I BOUGHT A 2004 POLARIS GENESIS JET SKI. THE OWNERS MANUAL SAYS TO USE POLARIS BIODEGRADABE NATURE OIL. CAN I USE ANOTHER TYPE OIL AND IF SO DOES IT NEED TO BE SYNTHETIC

Polaris likes to suggest their oils are better. A buddy has an 04 Polaris ATV and was buying it for a premium price and still had his engine go bad.

The wave runner is just like a snowmoble (big here) only for water. You could use anything that says its for injection but synthetic would be best in the long run. Better performance and cleaner burning engine. Amsoil HP Injector and Interceptor are very popular around here, but there are a ton of other oil to chose from, both cheap and expensive.

I have a 2000 Polaris. From the second year I had it I ran Polaris synthetic, it costs more but I save more than that in spark plugs. The Polaris dealer also sells Amsoil and told me that their Injector or Interceptor oils would be fine but I haven't tried them. This year I did run a gallon of Yamalube syn blend that my uncle gave me and had the same problem of fouling plugs very quickly that I did with conventional oil. I think any TC-W3 oil is fine but I'd stick with a premium synthetic because the plugs last a lot longer.

I think the "nature oil" is alledged to be more biodegradable so you don't get as much hassle from the greenies. There are lakes where two-stroke engines are no longer permitted. Most jetskis now are four-stroke, there are only a handful of oil burners now (and Polaris has quit making them altogether).

I'd run the Polaris Blue before any tcw3 outboard oils. It's just blended more for motors like your ski than tcw stuff (metallic detegent pack). Most Polaris shops around here have a 55 gal drum and will refill your jug ($12-14 gal). Better oil may be out there but the blue has been around for years and proven to work as good as anything in polaris's entire product line. (the early blue WAS tcw3 and the had some problems with aircooled atv's, they quickly changed the formulation)

Oviously Polaris is going to recommend their own brand of oil because thats how they make their money. But in my opinion, Polaris Blue is some of the worst 2-stroke oil out there. Right next to Arctic Cat's oil. If you are willing to spend the money, Klotz is some of the best stuff out there and Amsoil is also right up there too but you're going to have to pay quite a but more for both over Polaris blue. I think Yamalube 2W is also a decent oil for a decent price and I run it quite a but also. Just make sure that when you switch oils, you try to run your oil tank down under a 1/4 before adding your new oil. Both oils should mix but it isn't the best thing to be mixing oils all the time.

listen to the sea doo guys, and check the manual. Are the polaris oils TCW3 or do they require the low ash API-TC ratings? I recall the polaris oils are ashless, so any quality TCW3-rated oil will be your best bet.

I've tried the Amsoil Interceptor for my sea doos but all units developed leaks from the oil resevoirs--the engines are fine but now the $30./gal stuff leaks. RATS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back