Techron vs MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is that I have used Techron for decades with very good results. However, I have recently bought a twenty year old Van (for 800 bucks
smile.gif
) and the vehicle has had some hesitation and problems at startup. I first ran Techron and 87 oct gas and had no real difference. Then I ran another techron and 91 oct and had a very slight improvement. My third tank I tried MMO thanks to getting a MMO shot for free from Kragen, and there was an immediate difference. 4th tank I added a larger dose of MMO and I am getting no problems at startup, and much less hesitation and it runs smoother/quiter. I am also running ARX with a good dino for general cleaning and an engine rattle. It also seams as if the rattle is none existant now too, maybe a litfer that was helped by MMO? Anyhow, I don't know the science but I know that 2.99 for 32oz beats Techron in price and clearly it beats techron in the results I was looking for. Any Techron fans want to weigh in, because I'm thinking of putting Techron down for MMO.

MMO has it benefits for sure, but doesn't compare to Chevron Techron [or it's clones] for cleaning.
You are doing a whole bunch of stuff, and have a good end result.
I wouldn't be too quick to give MMO all the credit, however.
[I use MMO, BTW.]

mmo is a top end lubricant and all it is doing is temp sealing your rings which makes it run better temp.

techron is not the same and doesnt work the same.

bob w.

Thanks for the reply, I wonder if there are any long term reasons not to use MMO? It was so cheap that even if it is temporary so long as you put it in every tank, than maybe the rings will stayed sealed better. Anyhow, I am still a big fan of Techron, maybe I will just use them both.

I use MMO Religiously in everything I own. Cars,Van,Boat,
PWC,Lawn Tractor,Rototiller. If you ever seen and engine
with the heads off that used MMO You would use it all the
time too. It is not a cleaner like Techron but more like
a maintainer that keeps carbon from forming in the combustion chamber. The only thing with MMO is if you
use too much it will kill your has mileage. Use up to twice
the recommended dose and you will have no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back