Who Makes Yamalube and is it any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. BUT: I doubt it is as good as many cheaper, non-brand-related oils you could buy. Kawachem, Yamalube, Hondawhatever, they are made for people that don't research for better price and/or quality. Mind you, I'm not saying any of them are "bad" or inadequate...just that you can get as good or better lubes for less money.

torco used to have the contract for yamalube. i do not know if they still do.

realize that yamaha sets a list of specs. the contract goes to the LOWEST bidder.

i had great success with the 2R (2smoke) oil. i would only the the 4stroke oil in an emergency.

The last i heard Yamalube is made by CITGO,Citgo has the contract for YAMALUBE They've had it for a long time now.

it's a synthetic blend, ok stuff, i've been running it
in my yamaha v-max's for many many years without problems.

havent had to rebuld anything yet.

Also here's a post by some dude on a web site i found;

"It just drives me crazy when people get on " this oil does this and that oil does that" Kick!!!!!! Heres the real deal on YAMALUBE!!!!!!! If you guys want to STILL BE IN DENIAL,,,, PLEASE don't read this post!!!!!!!1st... Yamalube is made by CITGO (cities services oil company).. The packaging facility is on 39th and cicero in Chicago ( a few miles from my home)....2nd,,, Yamalube comes from the EXACT SAME ZILLION GALLON TANK AS DOES at least a DOXEN other brands of 2 stroke oil.... 3rd.. Yamaha does NOT have an oil refining or packaging company , 4th Yamaha buys their oil from the LOWEST BIDDER... They come up with a specification such as TC-W or JASO and the oil MANUFACTURING companies meet their specifications and submit their bids to YAMAHA.... YAMAHA in turn, contracts the LOWEST BIDDER in the demographic area that they market the oil in.... If you live anywhere near CHICAGO,,,The YAMALUBE comes from a zillion gallon VAT on 39th and cicero..... You could buy K mart or wal mart or farm and fleet 2 stroke oil and get the EXACT SAME OIL that is in the Yamalube bottle for HALF THE PRICE... Yamaha doesn't open up the caps and THROW ANY MAGIC POWDER in the gallons of oil when they come from citgo.... Sometimes they come directly from citgo and the yamaha warehouse NEVER EVEN SEE the cases!!!!! I know first hand because a friend of mine who WORKED for CITGO for 25 years used to bring me botles of TEXACO 2 stroke oil..... YES TEXACO 2 stroke oil and you know what???? He got it from CITGO where he worked!!!!!! and furthermore, citgo doesn't open up the bottles and throw the MAJUC POWDER FROM THE YAMAHA CHEMICAL PLANT to make YAMALUBE work better...... Heres another little TIDBIT for you guys,,,,,, The next time you go to pep boys or auto zone or murrays aoto,,, look and see just how many different kinds of ANTI FREEZE there are...... ARE YOU READY FOR THIS ONE???????????? THERE'S ONLY 2 COMPANIES IN AMERICA THAT MAKE ETHYLENE GLYCOL ANTI FREEZE.......... 20 brands,,,,,,,20 COMPANIES!!!!! BOTTOM LINE,,, MY VIPERS (2) and my sxr all use KLOTZ,,, My power valves are clean... My girlfriend has a viper,, her powervalves ALWAYS DIRTY!!!!!1 she drives my sled,,,, DIRTY POWERVALVES.... SHE drives a snowmobile like a FARM TRACTOR.. I drive a sled like I stole it!!!!! With MY SLEDS,,,,,, It's not about the oil!!!!!!! I use KLOTZ!!!! FAR superior to ANYTHING CITGO MAKES!!!!! there you have it!!!!"

The base oil may be the same but I'll bet a dollar to a donut that there are add package differences between the OEM oils and the better name brand oils.

Could be.
dunno.gif

Contrary to consumer perception, research indicates OEM lubes often aren’t equal to the performance quality of the cheapest aftermarket oils on store shelves.

Citgo is owned by our good Friend Hugo Chavez in Venezuela. That is reason enough not to buy it.

Quote:

then thats reason enough to quit using yamalube.

i would like to add that i've seen MANY yamaha
sleds with OVER 10,000 miles and never been rebuilt
when using yamalube.

i think it's a good oil over all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back