Yahoo mail inbox / Mediaplex.--> hang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use: FF 1.5 with Adblock plus, Adaware SE, Spybot, SpyWareblaster, Ccleaner, and AVG free. all updated to latest.

When I click on the "inbox", in Yahoo, 8 out of 10 times, it will hang after loading the page about 80% (screen shows only the top menu area in yahoo, and the rest of the page is empty at that point), and when it does that, if I look at the statusbar, I can always see "adfarm.mediaplex..." etc. That's what makes it hang, imo. when I see that and it hangs, it NEVER finishes loading the page. I always have to click the stop button, and refresh it, then it reloads and show the inbox like normal, without the "adfarm.mediaplex..." on the status bar appearing during the loading.....

I've seen the entry "mediaplex" a couple of times on SpyBot when I run it, and get rid of it...but it looks like it keeps coming back..

This only happens after when I try to go to inbox in yahoo mail. all other pages in yahoo mail loads like normal.

any ideas about this (minor) annoyance?

(This happens on the home PC, with dial up. When I use my laptop at school with wireless, It doesn't happen)

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back