Suplemental Hydrogen Injection????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on the surface (I'm no B. Sc. EE
smile.gif
)- it almost seems that porting pure H2 (or H+) into the intake system might not be the best thing for your engine......

^^, not to mention the risk of explosion if things go sour in this "ingenious little device". How about the corrosion in the engine & exhaust not specified for hydrogen? When hydrogen burns, the only substance product is water...

What is most impressive is with the big hype about hydrogen fuel in the media ,what a good time to market the item .Buy one and let us know how it works.

A friend of mine bought into it last week , he hasn't got it installed yet .He had pretty precise #'s on his fuel mileage before so he should know if there is any , a little , alot or no improvement. I'll post his results later.

Some years back I got a brochure in the mail from a University in the East, like Ohio, Indiana or other, that had converted a Farmall M tractor to run on Hydrogen. It was good idea, but their main concern was the tremendous amount of energy, (electricity) to convert the water into hydrogen/oxygen. When it was converted it was compressed and stored and burned very well, with the exception of the water and corrosion and lack of upper cylinder lubrication. Even Propane has 'some' better qualities when it burns. They were using light fuel cells to do the conversions.

I really think hydrogen is a very viable source of alternative fuels, and our planet is loaded with it.
grin.gif
Problem is similar to the Hindenburg.. very unstable. BTW the Russians detonated a hydrogen bomb in the 1960's that was 1800 times stronger than the one at Nagasaki, and was seen 600 miles away. It created a shock wave that circled the globe 6 times. Imagine your Volvo or Buick going into overdrive and doing a hydrogen fusion. You'll go fast for one micro second and then ... you'd go REAL fast.. LOL
grin.gif

This reminds me of what they had on mythbusters, made a few tiny bubbles but did nothing else. Hydrogen is supposed to be burned 0 to 5 degrees before TDC depending on engine speed because of the rate that it burns. I have seen many websites where this has been done with small 5 hp engines and also full sized cars where they claimed success, this was a few years ago. Is it a good alternative, I don't think so because the production of hydrogen far outweighs the cost of gasoline at this point in time. It is subsidized in California much like how 85% ethanol-gasoline is subsidized here in Minnesota and other E85 states.

I let some hydrogen hippies have it on another board.
http://www.virginiagasprices.com/Forum_M..._no=1&FAV=N
Don't get me wrong you can run an engine of hydrogen, but there is no point to.
Hydrogen bombs use lithium to make there hydrogen.
Hydrogen will only make more problems then it solves.
People say hydrogen will rust the engine, you need stainless steel valves and so on.
Guess what, I have never taken apart an engine that didn't have stainless steel valves. They all had stainless. Both diesels and gassers.
Burning regular fuels makes lots of water. That dosen't rust the engine solid.
The call for costly stainless valves is a lie. They make it sound like there some kind of costly custom racing part or some thing.
Water exhaust ruining the engine is a lie.
They say you need stainless steel heads so they don't rust, what about aluminum.
They say you need stainless steel cylinders, no you don't that is why oil has corrosion inhibitors.
Every where I look Hydrogen engines are wraped in lies in a box of reasons why they can't work because of current tech problems.
All hydrogen will do is seperate people form the money faster.
Bottem line is there ________.

Currently, Hydrogen Injection is being tested as a tool to meet emmisions standards that are down the road. It is performing as expected, but will apply to commercial applications with larger displacements.

Hear is another one where I anilalated Hydrogen boosed gas engines.
http://www.virginiabeachgasprices.com/Fo..._no=1&FAV=N
I showed it takes 10,000 BTU's of gasoline to make 308BTU's of hydrogen with a car that makes it's own hydrogen form water. What is that, like 3% efficient?
What a waste.
It makes me sick to think people are going to buy into this.
Why don't you just put 2 catalydic converters on your car if you want to lower emmissions.
I'm not saying hydrogen won't lower emmisions, it will. It is just a stupid idea to try to make hydrogen on board a car. The cheapest hydrogen you can buy is about $2.70/Kg.
Remember 2Kg of hydrogen equals very close to the energy of 1 gallon of gas. So that would be like buing $5.40/gal gas, Ohhh just wait till next summer, then it might be cheaper to run H2, Hahahahahah.
You would be better off lowering emmissions with propane or natural gas injection.
On a diesel you would be way better off running propane to boost power and lower emmissions, I run propane on my diesel, it rules. And propane is about $1.50/gal if you buy enough at once.
Propane or natural gas fumigation on a diesel is all most the coolest thing I have ever seen.

if you make your own hydrogen by using solar energy, then you have no problem.

catalytic converters are extremely expensive and can be easily damaged

Does any one have any idea of how much power it takes to make Hydrogen?
(about 317 kilo watt hours per GGE)
And
Does any one have any idea of how much surface area of solar pannels it take to make that much power?
I'll give you a hint, it quickly becomes a 6 digit figure if you want to do more then drive once around the block onec every few days/week.

Very few people know how much energy it takes to produce hydrogen using electricity. We need to look at some alternative fuels that will actually work with the technology we have. It will take a combination of things-solar, nuclear, coal, hyrdoelectric, wind, tide power, thermonuclear if anybody can actually develop a thermonuclear reactor that will really work, etc. And of course nobody wants to live near the electric generating plants, regardless if the plants are solar, wind, or whatever-not even many of the most radical environmentalists. I guess they think we can get massive amounts of electric energy out of thin air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back