no drama from delo 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke into my stash of Delo 30 from the AZ clearance.

95 saturn sohc, 173k miles, burns a quart of no-matter-what every 700 miles.

Have run diesel 15w40s previously, April-November.

Previous oil (from winter) was M1 5w30 topped off with a quart of superflo 10w40.

Car usually sees either full syn or HDEO. Did see an auto-rx cycle with cheap oil last year.

The point... nothing! Runs the same on everything. Runs the same on Delo 30. No startup noise at around 48'F this morning.

Will report back if fuel economy suffers but seasonal changes in fuel, air density, warmup speed have traditionally eclipsed any effect oil choice has had on this car. 12 mile commute and the car is fully warm in 6 miles.

Was expecting to feel the difference, maybe the starter turning slower or something. Nothing. That's a good thing.

I envision a lot of people hoarding this stuff not quite knowing what to do with it.

I made out on the AZ Delo400 SAE30 sale too. The SAE30 in my Jeep trail rig has been in there since mid-March. Even with the temp in the mid 30's a few times, my oil pressure came right up and the engine didn't make a peep. Chevron makes a kick-butt HDMO.

fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by eljefino:

I envision a lot of people hoarding this stuff not quite knowing what to do with it.

58 gallons left here... I mixed 50/50 with 5-20 when cold, have run a 75/25 with 5-30 in spring, and next change, straight up for summer. The 5-20 brew returned an all time high highway mileage ever in my Focus. No starting issues here either, even in a Rochester NY snowstorm, cold and ugly, back in February.

I've been running it in my 94 Saturn for about two months. When the mornings were cold, start RPMs were a little labored for a few seconds. No noticable change in gas mileage (or consumption)... but my trips are long so only a small % of my driving is while the oil is warming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back