Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR

Michigan born but my heart belongs in dixie
I have posted many times here. I thank everyone here that has helped me in the past. My question is about the 1984 VW rabbit diesel L that I own. I admit that I do alot of idling. I live in michigan were we see quite a few cold mornings. Most mornings I will go out and start my diesel in the morning after I get out of the shower and let it warm up. It will idle out there usually about fifteen to twenty minutes every morning. And after ever cold start, after it has been off for more then half an hour, I like to let it idle about five minutes before driving off. Also ever morning I make a shop on the way to school and I will let it idle will I go in to ** and stuff. I usually spend about twenty to thirty minute in there when I stop. Also I plan on installing a wvo kit in it. And as everyone knows the wvo has to be warm. And since the wvo is free, It will see more idle time then that. Like if I run in to the store or something I will leave it idling to keep it warm and so I will not have to go through the whole purge cycle. At the same time I install this wvo kit I will also install be installing a hour meter. I think that considering all this idle time I should use the hour meter instead of the oddmeter for oci's. My question is what would you guys requimend for a oci in hours. Also if it helps I do get out on the e-way for an hour or two once to twice a week. Also I will be installing a remote throttle so when I let it idle I can increase the idle speed. The oil I will be using is Mobil 1 Truck and SUV 5W-40.

Thanks for the help,
KC

So what is the question??,for one letting your engine idle for long times is bad for soot,,etc.and wasting fuel,there is no sense to it,,,as for oil Mobil SUV is a good oil to use ,,,or Schaeffers 5w-40 9000,,,,,,,,,,,,,BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back