Schaeffer 5w-40 in VW TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's a good reason not to use it. By all means, a person should use what they want to use. That's why we all drive different cars, buy different shoes, etc. It's what we believe works best for us.

Am I missing something here? I thought the biggest point of this site is to give some indication of how real products work in the real world. I think people get too hung up on what group an oil falls into as opposed to how it works in a real life situation. Are all esters better than all PAOs and all PAOs better than all group IIIs? Why does Shell use group IIIs in their racing oils? Obviously anybody is free to run whatever they choose in their own vehicle. As far as I can tell from everything I have learned on this site Schaeffer products have a reputation second to none! Have you seen the HTHS of their 5w-40 compared to other 5w-40s?

I like to see some test results on the Schaeffer 5w40 ran in a VW TDI.

Quote:

as posted above - so schaeffer 9000 5w40 is vw 505.01!

- SO WHATS "vw 505.01" mean ??

Means on the surface it meets or exceeds the VW 505.01 diesel spec but was never sent to VW for testing to be approved by THEM. So it is suspect when it comes time to a warrenty repairs since it was never actually approved by VW for use inside the engine.

Recently replaced a group 4 synthetic with Schaeffer 5W40. Yes, it is a 3-4 blend. It also outperformed the group 4 I was using in drain intervals. Just becouse something is a group 4 doesn't mean squat. Schaeffer prices their oil accordingly and they don't try to hide the fact that it has group3 in it.
I don't own a VW but if I did Schaeffer would be in it.It has performed beyond all of my expectations in my personal vehicles,my farm equipment,as well as my customers vehicles.
driving.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back