Thinking about trying GC in parents car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about throwing in some gold when I go back to NYC for a visit.

Let me know what you guys think, since the car has only be driven with dino up til now.

The car is a 99 Golf MKIV with a 2.0 engine.

It has close to 50K on it, and has been using dino which was changed every 3-5K.

I was thinking about throwing in some GC since I have been very happy with it in my VW, and "iz Deutsche herstellung, ja" (pscholte hint).

Let me know what you think, since the car has some mileage on it, and I dont want to have any seal leaks.

50K isn't alot of miles. I have 110K on my GMC and it likes it. No leaks here except for the intake leak Blackstone identified for me.

Ja. Ich weiss.

I might want to think about the ARX treatment, but with me not being around the car it might not get done properly. They might forget to change the oil at the short interval.

I dont know. I ll have to see.

Thanks for the responses guys.

My mom's 2001 VW Golf had just under 50k when I switched it over to GC for the first time and the UOA results I got from it look pretty good. It does burn a bit of oil but that's pretty normal for the 2.0 VW engine from what I've heard.

Thanks guys. I will pobably do a straight GC change, no ARX, when I go back to NYC.

I wonder if there is any elixer left in NYC?

If there is, I guess I will be having a fun time explaining to the tSA agents why I have dozens of oil bottles with me.haha

I guess if they open it up to check, and see green, i mihgt get busted.

They ll probably say: "What is this green stuff? Its supposed to be gold colored? We must investigate."

quote:

Originally posted by StoicDude:
I wonder if there is any elixer left in NYC?

If there is, I guess I will be having a fun time explaining to the tSA agents why I have dozens of oil bottles with me.haha

Don't even bother. Oil is not permitted on airline flights. Check out the TSA "no no" list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back