Replacing GC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a good supply of "Green" GC but with five vehicles it won't last that long so I'm saving it for my "better" vehicles. I'm trading off my Ford Taurus and replacing it with an 02 Volvo 2.4T. Would you go with GC Gold? Eventually green GC will be gone for all of us!
frown.gif
so is Gold good enough to be your new choice of oil?

"Gold" GC is my go-to oil when my stash of "green" GC is gone, in fact I've got 2 OC's worth of "gold" GC already stashed away.
cheers.gif

y1,

I am convinced you will be very happy with the Gold formula...use it with confidence. Regarding the possibility of reformulations in Europe with Group III components (oops think I mixed two threads here, but I'll continue), I will say what I have said in similar fashion before in this forum...be careful that you don't assume that Grp III/Grp IV/V mixes are inferior. I believe you might find that they are held in high regard by some major "involved-in-racing" oil companies. I am a vollsynthetische guy myself, but I am prepared to say that when it comes to Grp III/IV/V mixes I don't know all that I don't know (in terms of how good they really are).

Gold is good for me. My initial 5000 mile UOA was very good (1997 VW VR6, 280+k miles on engine). My latest fill is showing signs of decreased consumption - will be testing this fill when it has 7500 miles on it. I expect this UOA to be excellent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back