GC at AZ only??....

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this time the talk about AZ being the ONLY place to carry GC has been pretty widespread. However, there has been an anomoly in the GC universe. I was at O'Reilly's the other day picking up a few things...and guess what I saw in the oil isle...Syntec 0w-30. THAT'S RIGHT!! Non other than our beloved GC. I thought it was too good to be true so I checked the date code--M0501-- YES!! The GREEN!!
fruit.gif
And to make it sweeter was the fact that it was cheaper than AZ ($4.99 instead of $5.19) woo hoo!! Now, I don't know if this is true across the board, just lettin y'all know that AZ can't claim the sole rights to The Elven Elixer anymore
grin.gif

O'Reilly's must have a mole here at BITOG. Assuming you weren't halucinating, they've been reading this never-ending saga of people going on uncontrolled oil buying binges, and so, figured they'd get on the gravy train too. Of course, I'll take a look at the Pensacola store this weekend. Just for fun, of course. . .
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ucandoit:
What's O'Reilly's?

Another auto parts chain, fewer in numbers than AZ or AA. We've got maybe 12-15 AZ stores in the greater Pensacola area, for example, whereas there's only one O'Reilly's that I know of. I think I saw one over in Panama City last year, though, so they are spreading around.

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:
O'Reilly's must have a mole here at BITOG. Assuming you weren't halucinating, they've been reading this never-ending saga of people going on uncontrolled oil buying binges, and so, figured they'd get on the gravy train too. Of course, I'll take a look at the Pensacola store this weekend. Just for fun, of course. . .
cheers.gif

LOL....I wasn't hallucinating. I double, and triple checked it because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I started to buy some but I still have plenty of The Green in my stash. Figured I'd leave it there for somebody on this board who lives in the same area...
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I cannot believe O'Reilly's would do this...trying to capitalize on the fact that early GC was green and hoping people would think it was made by leprechauns while knowing full well it is made by Elves...just when you think you have seen it all...
dunno.gif

quote:

Syntec 0w-30. THAT'S RIGHT!! Non other than our beloved GC. I thought it was too good to be true so I checked the date code--M0501-- YES!! The GREEN!!
fruit.gif

I thought the 05... was Gold?? I can't tell if the stuff I have is Green or Gold (No I'm not an idot; just color deficient). I only thought ..04.. Numbers and down were green.

quote:

Originally posted by souroull:
tucson is empty, trust me i tried.
heh

Tuscon is not empty...it just seems less densely populated when compared to...say...Los Angeles

It is GC.
All of Castrol 0w-30 stock bottled in the States in the last 3 years has been GC.

You could employ a much more effective strategy by just calling the stores and asking if they are carrying and having in stock the 0w-30 Castrol Syntec.
GC, German Castrol or Green GC terms won't get you far.

vad is quite right...Az associates will ONLY understand if you ask them in the following fashion: "Kind sir (or ma'am) do you have the Elvish elixer which elicits elated exclamations because it is the Lavish Liquid Leveraging Lessened Friction...you know the Elixer of Life, Love, Happiness, Truth and Luxurient Lubrication." They will immediately KNOW JUST WHAT YOU MEAN...yup, it's all true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back