Could we discuss other brands please.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest question for US BITOG members is availability and price.

GC is interesting because you can buy it for 5 bucks a quart at the local AZ, sometimes even cheaper, and it has the "stealth" factor in that 99.9% of the customers don't have a clue that it's something special.

Driving to Chicago to get some of that Shell Helix magic @ the Ferrari dealer for a king's ransom is probably exciting but not practical for most of us.

quote:

Originally posted by abimanyu:
GC, boriiiing! There are Igol, Fuchs, Aral, Motul, ELF Solaris, BP Viscos, Maxima, Agip, EOS,Honda Mugen oil, TRD Oil, Shell Helix, ADNOC,Synthlube, LubroMoly,BMW Oil, this board just goes around and around GC as if its ***'s gift to man. The horse is already dead! Yes it's a great oil, yes it contains some super high tech base stock, let's move on shall we?

Again, this is a GC-specific subforum. If the content bothers you, you don't need to bother coming here. "Car and Truck Gas Engine Oil" is one link above that of this subforum.

I'm sure there a many people here that would like to discuss the oils you listed (at least I would). However, the availability of most of the oils you listed keeps most of the members located in the US from having much information to share.

quote:

Originally posted by abimanyu:
GC, boriiiing! There are Igol, Fuchs, Aral, Motul, ELF Solaris, BP Viscos, Maxima, Agip, EOS,Honda Mugen oil, TRD Oil, Shell Helix, ADNOC,Synthlube, LubroMoly,BMW Oil, this board just goes around and around GC as if its ***'s gift to man. The horse is already dead! Yes it's a great oil, yes it contains some super high tech base stock, let's move on shall we?

Okay - do you have any questions, or information you'd like to share about any of these oils, or did you just want to rant? I've used Lubromoly in the past (Voll Synthese 5w-40) with very good success - posted a UOA a year or so ago.

quote:

abimanyu

The new Pablo!! Seriously dude - you are stirring the pot. I agree with you: GC is SERIOUSLY FREAKING BORING, but also exactly what the others said - this is not a take only board - give a little, man! Your 2 cents please on your oil knowledge. Run the oil, run a UOA - help the gene pool.

A few of those oils have been discussed, slightly - some are available here - others not.

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:
Again, this is a GC-specific subforum. If the content bothers you, you don't need to bother coming here. "Car and Truck Gas Engine Oil" is one link above that of this subforum.

Actually, this is no longer a GC-specific forum, it has been "opened-up" to allow for discussion of any and all Euro and Import oils.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:

quote:

abimanyu

As in 12..
wink.gif
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by AndyH:

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:

Actually, this is no longer a GC-specific forum, it has been "opened-up" to allow for discussion of any and all Euro and Import oils.

You are, of course, correct. But let's not split hairs. My point is that if he does not want to read GC threads, then he's free to avoid them. If he has a topic other than GC he'd like to discuss, he's welcome to open a new thread. Just because one member finds a line of discussion "boring" does not mean that others do. . . He should simple go elsewhere on BITOG versus trying to shape other members' discussions to fit his preferences.

quote:

Originally posted by nascarnation:

Driving to Chicago to get some of that Shell Helix magic @ the Ferrari dealer for a king's ransom is probably exciting but not practical for most of us.

what is shell helix? I live in chicago so it's not a drive for me.

Sure, just keep in mind that until recently this forum was a GC-specific forum. It wasn't until later that it was opened-up for the discussion of other Euro & Imported oils.

There are message threads on other oils, scrolling back through older pages should turn them up.

I think he's just trying to encourage discussion of other oils...in a clumsy manner. Problem is, as stated, there are not many Euro oils available, not really any over the counter execpt Classic GC and Gold GC. He's probally unaware of the whole oil vibe in the USA. That, in itself, should be amusing reading for a foreginer. I'm still not overly into so-called "boutique" oils. I like GC because it's Factory-Fill in Audis. I'd like to try Formula RS, it's likely the BMW dealer 0w-40, for those interested.

This could be a fresh starting point to look at other oils. Opportunity for European members using Agip 5w40 / 5w30 fully synthetic oil now called Tecsint or Sint Evolution I think, to come forward.

The only imported oils that I can buy are GC and BC. And I think BC is now CC. I really enjoy the smoothness of GC while listening to AC/DC.
gr_stretch.gif

Hey man, it's up to you and others that don't live in the US to start posting about these other oils. We had a guy that was good at that, but he could only drum up what was available here in the US which isn't all that much. Unfortunately we lack some of these other brands that other countries have. I'm all for looking at more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back