Is GC collectable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with all this GC M03/M04 I have I wonder if since they no longer make this specific blend of the brew if it has any value other than to pour into my engine a make it purr like a kitten.

What would a 100 quart lot of the above mentioned lubricant be worth?

And since there seems to be some proprietery/ secretive nature to the mfg/formulation, does it really make it special or is it just a good synthetic oil- like a lot of other good synthetic oils out there.

Yes, GC is, indeed, collectable. Any collection center would be delighted to have 100 quarts as a contribution. There are plenty of BITOGers who'd appreciate your donation, too. (quite a number of whom would place bottles strategically around their homes to impress visitors with their good taste . . .) GC - like the dodo and the Spruce Goose, perhaps relegated to museum status, but, at least, never to be forgotten! A motor oil, which like light sabers in a far distant galaxy a long time ago, hearkens back to a kinder, gentler, more elegant era of motor oil development. sniff> honk> At least we, who remain behind, can take comfort that pscholte will soon ascend to join Yoda, Obi Wan, and Anikin in motor oil Valhalla.

quote:

Originally posted by slickfisher:
Now with all this GC M03/M04 I have I wonder if since they no longer make this specific blend of the brew if it has any value other than to pour into my engine a make it purr like a kitten.

And since there seems to be some proprietery/ secretive nature to the mfg/formulation, does it really make it special or is it just a good synthetic oil- like a lot of other good synthetic oils out there.

Probably you could 50 cents on the dollar.

quote:

Now with all this GC M03/M04...

It is M02/M03/M04 and the first couple of weeks of M05.
And it remains to be seen how uniform the blend was during its long production run.
In about a week we'll get some VOA's that should make the blurred picture just a little bit clearer.
We'll have the VOA's of M04023 M04280 and M05010.

quote:

Originally posted by Steve S:

quote:

Probably you could 50 cents on the dollar.

That's funny
grin.gif
. Any why would you say that?

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

quote:

Now with all this GC M03/M04...

It is M02/M03/M04 and the first couple of weeks of M05.
And it remains to be seen how uniform the blend was during its long production run.
In about a week we'll get some VOA's that should make the blurred picture just a little bit clearer.
We'll have the VOA's of M04023 M04280 and M05010.

You mean after all this time no one has a UOA of M03/M04?

quote:

That's funny [Big Grin] . Any why would you say that?

He's probably feeling lonely and starving for attention. And it did work, didn't it?

quote:

I mean VOA's - from the specified batches, performed all at the same time on the same equipment.

I'm not sure why you said that but, I'm serious. I go back and forth with this stuff- to keep or to sell. I've been out of work for a month and a half and I have $500 invested in motor oil sitting in the corner of my garage. That would pay the gas bill for several months.
The full report that I didn't get on, did it reveal something negative? I have all my receipts so I can always return it for, if nothing else $500 worth of AZ gift cards since its been past 30 days. I dunno maybe they'll give me my money back.

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

quote:

I mean VOA's - from the specified batches, performed all at the same time on the same equipment.

Well rather than get into the chemistry of the stuff (what little I know wouldn't give me the full picture), I'd rather know how people's engines are doing running on it.

quote:

Ray H is on the right track. There IS a collection center where you can get a full value return on your GC investment...it's called your sump.
smile.gif

I'd be willing to bet- that in a few months, when all supply in the states is gone, (or, near that)... There will be some folks willing to pay a little higher than original value to beef up their stocks... I was thinking about it myself.. I've got about 48 quarts sitting out in the garage.. I could stop using it, switch to something else that is decent, and try to sell it- I bought it all at $4.39+7%tax. I've got a feeling that I could sell it at ~$6/quart in a few months from now. But I think I'd rather just use it in my engine and know that i'm doing the best thing I can for this old isuzu.

If you have a pre 98 Isuzu V-6, it needs the Green. The green is its salvation, after possibly a good flush or maybe not.

quote:

Originally posted by mdocod:
I'd be willing to bet- that in a few months, when all supply in the states is gone, (or, near that)... There will be some folks willing to pay a little higher than original value to beef up their stocks...

The Green GC has been replaced by the Gold GC.
And it doesn't go anywhere.
dunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back