You've all turned me into a Green freak...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks alot guys......

With the supplies of GC green dwindling, I finally pulled the trigger and bought up all that was left at the local Wally world. Next I went across the street to Canadian Tire and bought up most of what they had as well. Canadian tire price-matched my wally world score.

Ended up with 39 litres of the stuff with batches ranging from 0501 all the way down to 02xx. I opened a few of the 0501 bottles and they're all green.

On second thought..what the heck am I going to do with the stuff? The car that it's destined for gets about 4k miles a year. I guess I'm covered for a few years now at 7 quarts per oil change.

This green obsession is a bit of a mental problem. My lovely wife came along and now knows how to find the green by batch numbers. I told her she must think I'm crazy and she confirmed she did. She also said what will you do with all of this when they come out with a better one....

I had no answer except to tell her that there were like-minded individuals here that would want to buy it if I ever needed to liquidate my "stash".

Welcome to the club Jim! With the pressures on lube companies these days, it's doubhtful that anything better will come along. Just enjoy it for how ever long it lasts!

Well,

I get the feeling the xd3 that's available around here for 1/2 price is pretty darn close...however, it doesn't have the ACEA A3 or BMW LL01 rating that I need for warranty purposes. So until I'm out of GC and a small stash of M1 0w40, I'll stay away from the XD3.

By the time I use up my GC I'll be WAY out of warranty by time, not by miles. I'm just wondering if I should buy up everything I can find GC wise.

I think it's too good for my 98 K1500 with 170k miles, and from everything I've read here, my wife's acura TL does really well UOA-wise on the M1 0w20 (small stash)...again for warranty preservation.

Another one gives in to the power of the green side. . .
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Normally I would say something pithy,
But I am sure now that you need pity.
Your wife only sampled the deep seated madness-
That makes you line up quarts and liters to strained excess.
For know The now that you have fallen into hysteria-
...amongst the best of company and the best from Bavaria.

Heeee! I am off to polish my elves...goodnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back