Life After Green is Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try Amsoil next. FWIW, the Autozones near me have cleared all the GC off their shelves. I'm not sure why. Oh, well.....life goes on.

If you have followed one of the other threads in the village, you know that 0W-30 Syntec, which I am expecting to still be GC, is now rated MB 229.5. Maybe they are trying to get those stocks on the shelves. I'm using 229.5..you BET..CHA.
grin.gif

In two years when my green is gone, I'll try the gold. But if it doesn't work, then who knows? By then there could be many other alternatives.

Honestly, Mobil-1. I can get it for $4 a quart with NO tax on Ft Meade military base. Can't really argue with that.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
In two years when my green is gone, I'll try the gold. But if it doesn't work, then who knows? By then there could be many other alternatives.

Patman...mon ami...surely you meant only an alternative of Elvish origin...please say that is what you meant...

Well hopefully the gold gives me equal or better results than the green, then we won't need to work about me defecting.
smile.gif

Everybody is reformulating. I have a year or more to look at bitog and then decide. Too many variables and unknowns right now to decide. Amsoil is formulating thinner and I wouldn't doubt the M1 product line will change by that time, also.
dunno.gif

Castrol could even decide to import a different Gold by then.

Mes Amis,

All ziss talk about oy-els whose name I vill not speak here. I must work hard-air to cone-veence you zat you must not even contemplate zee oi-yels of common ore-ee-jeen; you must only sink about zee oi-yels zat are contrived and blended in zee shadow of Neuschwanstein or Le Mans...ver haff I gone wrong? I owe it to you to keep you on zee corriger le chemin, zee korrigieren Sie Pfad (the correct path).
cheers.gif

Probably Mobil 1 0w/40. I wish that Pep Boys would start stocking this oil. I have four coupons from the 2005 calendar and I need to use them before they expire at year end.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Well hopefully the gold gives me equal or better results than the green, then we won't need to work about me defecting.
smile.gif

XD3 my man, XD3........

The Amsoil 5w-40 is using the same calcium/magnesium (3500 ppm/150 ppm) blend, as the old, green GC/0w-30, along with even higher levels of ZnDTP to control wear and oxidation over long service intervals. I discussed the 5w-40 with Amsoils' Tech Services Director (Ed Kellerman) several weeks ago and he mentioned that the additive chemistry of the Amsoil 5w-40 is based on: "an extended drain chemistry that's very popular in Europe". This was something I'd already observed from the VOA's, so no big surprise there.

I suspect both Amsoil and Castrol are working closely with Lubrizol to develop their SOTA additive chemistries. For example, the add pack of the new GC looks very similar to the Amsoil 5w-30/ASL and 10w-30/ATM formulations....

Tooslick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back