Largest Stash for the Least Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for the GC, the only reason I have a stash is the green is no longer made, so I wanted a nice supply of it. If I knew the green was going to be around for a while (or the gold is as good or better) I would not buy like I have.

quote:

Originally posted by TxGreaseMonkey:
Notice AZO, with their inclined shelves, has a great gravity feed FIFO inventory system.

Unless they stock it from the front. At one store, the more I took off the shelf, the older it got. M0507 at the front, then M04, and M02 at the very back.

quote:

Originally posted by TxGreaseMonkey:
Notice AZO, with their inclined shelves, has a great gravity feed FIFO inventory system.

quote:

Originally posted by eliminator: Unless they stock it from the front. At one store, the more I took off the shelf, the older it got. M0507 at the front, then M04, and M02 at the very back.

Exactly, it depends on the configuration of the store, if they have access from behind and stock from behind, it would be FIFO. But, most stores I have been in (well over 30 stores in my area) either don't have access behind the oil display or don't stock from behind (particularly as the Castrol 0W30 was on the top shelf and rear portion of the shelf is higher than the front) and would therefore be LIFO.

I have found a fair amount of GC M02 and M03 in the past month and all of it was typically at the back of the rack (with GC gold and/or DC in front of it at times). Most of the 30+ stores I have been in recently appeared to be front stockers and on a LIFO system, therefore, I was able to find GC Green (but don't expect to find it when I go back).

Regards,

Rich

I have noticed also that AZ seems to stock from the front of the shelf, even though there is access from the rear. RichD is probably right, with the 0w-30 being on the top shelf, the slot in the rear is about 7 feet high.

In reality you guys are right. AutoZone stores are not as well organized as Advance Auto Parts, IMO. Theoretically, they have a FIFO system, but many are so poorly run that they probably do have a LIFO system. They are too lazy at my store to always load the shelves from the rear, even though they have plenty of room to do so. They would rather drag the pallots out from the back and load from the front. Go figure.

Well I don't know. I didn't pay over $5 for any of it. I did get some on sale around 4 bucks. But finaly I learned that I could buy 5 qts at a time and get a AZ gift card after 5 purchases. So then I had the cash register person ring up 4/5 qts, get a punch on my AZ gift card and then ring up another batch a get another punch on the card. So I've got 4 $20 AZ gift cards due only from the purchase of GC.
wink.gif

JUST MADE MY FIRST GC RUN TODAY!!

i'm so excited, i feel like an elf on a hunt for magic holy chrystals.

Only found 2 qts at my first store- should have bought some oil filters while I was there to get the total over $20.

found 6 qts at another, and 5 qts at another. got stamps for each of those purchases.

today the stuff was on sale for $4.39/qt.

my stash- first day on the hunt: 13 qts @ 4.39ea.

I'm probably going to try to find a little more, enough to do maybe 2-3 changes on each car. If all is well and good and I want to keep using it, i'll probably look at the consensus of the "gold" formula is- if the gold is just as good, i'll just go with that since it's a lot easier to find. (I found, about 5qts gold M05 for every 1qt of M03/M04).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back