went to my local AutoZone and bought all the GC they had

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hit another AutoZone.
It had the biggest variety of the Green and the Gold GC I've seen to date.

Green: M0223 M0402 M0428
Gold: M0502 M0504 M0507

[ August 04, 2005, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: vad ]

so vad, mind sharing which autozone in which city u are hittin? help a fellow cali guy out
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

Went to my local AutoZone, and asked for German Castrol. Three different employees and none of them had a clue what I was talking about. I told them it was made in Germany (on the back label), was green in color, etc. They were still clueless.

Could this be a regional thing? I live in Atlanta.

P.S. Noticed some 0W20 on the shelf - forget what brand. Who in his right mind would run 0W20 in this climate? It rarely gets below 20F and often is in the 90's. Makes me think that AutoZone doesn't pay much attention to what stock is put on the shelves.

quote:

Originally posted by blmqzjc:

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

Went to my local AutoZone, and asked for German Castrol. Three different employees and none of them had a clue what I was talking about. I told them it was made in Germany (on the back label), was green in color, etc. They were still clueless.

Could this be a regional thing? I live in Atlanta.

P.S. Noticed some 0W20 on the shelf - forget what brand. Who in his right mind would run 0W20 in this climate? It rarely gets below 20F and often is in the 90's. Makes me think that AutoZone doesn't pay much attention to what stock is put on the shelves.

I have only heard of one AutoZone employee anywhere that knew a thing about it. Even Castrol will tell you there's no such thing as GC. You will almost certainly never meet another soul (except those that frequent these forums) that will have a clue as to what you are talking about.

blmqzjc,

Don't bother asking for GC, they'll probably not know or care to know that there's a difference. I've found GC in all the AZs in my area (NW ATL); you have to go through the shelf and pick them out yourself. My last AZ raid about 3 weeks ago netted me 6 qts.

I hate Auto Zone , only thing I have been in there for in years is this GC. otherwise I personally make a point of not buying from them mainly cause they suck and have the worst service.

just go in and look at the bottles for yourself

rolleyes.gif

AutoZone is the BEST Autoparts Store in my book because they chose or been chosen to carry GC.
smile.gif

quote:

Don't bother asking for GC, they'll probably not know or care to know that there's a difference.

Actually they shoudn't know or help in any way in that regard.
Even Castrol itself won't provide any info or even aknowledge that there is a difference in their 0W30 blends.
dunno.gif

[ August 06, 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: vad ]

Found (7) more & wasn't even looking for it. Went to AZ to buy a belt & glanced @ the CS 0W-30 rack just for kicks (had previously emptied their stock, so I thought). To my surprize, saw a red labled bottle in front. Thought, huh...that's odd. Walked over & found (7) bottles just sitting their waiting for me to take them home. Must have been stragglers that were in the back, 'cuz when I bought originally, there were all golds behind the greens that were purchased. FYI, (6) M04 & (1) M02. Love those unintentional scores.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by What???:
Went to AZ to buy a belt...

Do you like their clothes? I went to get a pair of pants and didn't like their selection at all...
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back