M05 green in color

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went to autozone to buy 5 quarts of castrol syntec 0w-30 fully expecting to get 5 quarts of gold colored GC. all the bottles had the M05 number printed on the bottom and on my two previous visits at this autozone i found only gold GC. when i opened the cap i noticed that the oil was green. i thought i was using my personal stash of M04 GC on my brother's car until i doubled checked the number and it was M05. four out of the five M05 bottles were green while the other was gold. has this happened to anyone else?

Early M05 batches are confirmed to be green, sounds like that's what you purchased. I believe the gold GC starts with batch M0502.

Ditto here - went around town all through my lunch break and after work, over 100 miles rount trip and scored more than half of the bottles at being M051 "green". All told, found 21 quarts of all green today alone. *Muahahahaha* Left the older "Yellow label" stuff on the shelves and rummaged around out back in all three stores I hit. They thought I was insane, mumbling "Here elves....heeeeere. I have a good, hot engine for you...."

Oh, I am worried now. I just hugged and rubbed each bottle with a diaper, sorted it into a slot on the shelf according to date. (Older oil to the right to be used first) And then, I just sat back - *looking* at all of it as if expecting something magical to happen. I am TWISTED, I KNOW this for a fact now. I knew deep down inside I was not normal by any standard, but this now....help...me....please...

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfox:
Oh, I am worried now. I just hugged and rubbed each bottle with a diaper, sorted it into a slot on the shelf according to date. (Older oil to the right to be used first) And then, I just sat back - *looking* at all of it as if expecting something magical to happen. I am TWISTED, I KNOW this for a fact now. I knew deep down inside I was not normal by any standard, but this now....help...me....please...

I don't see anything unusual...the rest of you guys see anything?
dunno.gif
Jürgen? Rheinhold? Dieter? Nope, nobody sees anything unusual.

Well, I can attest to there being green out there in M051 batches. All that you see here was scarfed up today, all of it M051 lot numbers. At one AZ, I scored a factory original M501 full case by going behind the display! I just picked it up off the rack after casually walking behind it. There were no posted "Employee ouly" signs afterall.
grin.gif
On the outside of the case of 6 it says "Made In Germany" (In case anyone's looking for them on sight) for a total of today's haul of 20 quarts:

-

The "stash" though stacked 3 wide, is 7 deep! This is a mixed bag, most of it M051, 1/3 of (roughly) M03, and 2 quarts of M02.

-

I have enough to cover myself for the next 9 years! I am making a gift of at least 10 quarts to my Mom and Dad for their Dodge T&C Minivan, and my kid brother who drives a series-2 GM 3800 V-6 Oldsmobile. Nothing like keeping the madness in the family! I am reveling in my newfound mental disease and raise a glass in celebration to knee-jerk, reflex consumerism that is uniquely American. I hope that in the next few years the next "Miracle oil" comes to replace this one - because there is *no more* GC green left where I live. I own it all.
wink.gif
*Maniacal Laughter*

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfox:
I have enough to cover myself for the next 9 years!

I REALLY encourage you to pour it in your engine, not all over yourself.
shocked.gif

PS Nice stash!

I meant that of course in a figurative sense, but now that you mention it - I wonder what would happen if I marinated myself in it? Would I live as long as my engine? *laugh* BTW - hit the 5 regional stores after this week's stock arrived. Loads of M057 stock, the rare older bottle of "Yellow label" American brewed stuff can be seen. Rummaging around got me 4 more quarts of GC, 2 from 2002, 2 from 2004...bringing the stash up to a nice, sound 45 quarts. The entire closet shelf has about 75 pounds worth or elves on it, chronologically ordered of course. Mad, MAD I tell you!

One sharp clerk eyed me up and down, "Looking for the German made stuff are you?" to which I nodded. To be more specific than needed to be polite would let the secret out. Mine, all mine, it's mine I tell you! I am going to have to plan road trips abroad, around Autozones now...*wipes drool off chin*

I am shocked you ran into a "sharp clerk" that knew what you were up to... very weird, must have either been aware of BITOG or had been exposed to someone that was or a prior customer.

Later,

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back