Thought I'd try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading so many good things about GC 0W30 I had to try it. Went to my local Autozone and the shelf was full of GC.....label on the back read Made in Germany. Must have been at least 30 qts. Bought 6 qts for my Jeep ($4.99) and will be changing oil this weekend. Also picked up a Motorcraft FL1A oil filter.

What are the batch numbers on the bottom? M04***, M03***, M02***, or M05***, and if M05, is it M0501** or another number? Any number higher than M0501*** is Gold German Castrol, before it is Green, but both should do you and your engine good.

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
What are the batch numbers on the bottom? M04***, M03***, M02***, or M05***, and if M05, is it M0501** or another number? Any number higher than M0501*** is Gold German Castrol, before it is Green, but both should do you and your engine good.

Forgot to check the numbers. Will check this afternoon then post them. I'll also check the color.

OK I just checked. All 6 qts are labeled M05075...... So I guess I have the golden stuff. I opened the bottle and it looked clear to light amber. Still just as good as the green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back