What is everyone going to do when they run out of the Green Stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running the American made Golden Castrol Syntec with no worries. With everyone freaking out with the German Castrol running low, I was just pondering what everyone is going to do when it is no longer availiable?

It's the supply of the Green German Castrol that is running low.
The Golden German Castrol (batches M0502 and higher) should be a plenty.

Castrol has invested a lot in to the Syntec product that the NEW gold stuff is most likley the OLD green stuff. A lot was spent on the engine blows up commercial I think they have the same PAO/ESTER here in america and is on the shelf now at $5.19 at AZ.
Bruce

I consider it a non-event...merely a transition into a new phase of life
wink.gif
...the Gold will pick up where the Green left off...and THAT will be THAT.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by bruce381:
Castrol has invested a lot in to the Syntec product that the NEW gold stuff is most likley the OLD green stuff. A lot was spent on the engine blows up commercial I think they have the same PAO/ESTER here in america and is on the shelf now at $5.19 at AZ.
Bruce

Doodling and nodding off during punctuation and sentence construction portion of English class, huh?

quote:

Originally posted by Rob Taggs:
I'm running the American made Golden Castrol Syntec with no worries.

The gold stuff is not American made (at least not the M0502 and newer stuff, it hasn't been made in the US since 2002)

When my supply of green runs out in a couple of years, I'll probably go with the gold GC (although who knows what could be out by then, so nothing is 100% set in stone)

Did you know that Daniel Boone once killed a grizzly bear at fifty paces with his hatchet? Yessiree Bob he did!

(And now for the boring truth... Daniel Boone once threw his hatchet at a bear and climbed up a tree until the bear got bored and left).

And it'll be the same for the GC afficianados. They'll be sitting around telling of that "great, green elixer" for generations to come... how that old Nissan ran 350,000 miles... "no, it was 450,000 I'm quite sure of it!" And so on and so forth.

"Nawp, they don't make awrul like they used to Laddie."

Green German Castrol. That pablum of delirium... The stuff that grossly exaggerated legends are made of.
tongue.gif

Dan

I'm going to give the "gold" GC a shot and see how I like it. If I don't care for the gold, I'll look for something else. Thankfully right now I've got enough green GC to last me another 40,000 miles so I won't need to make-up my mind for quite some time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by HOFFMEISTER KINK:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by bruce381:
Bruce

Doodling and nodding off during punctuation and sentence construction portion of English class, huh?

Sometimes I think, "I could have said that better." Perhaps the poster's native language is not English. Makes sense to me that if I can understand it, good enough. A waste of your second post, to me.
Thats why I have a secretary to correct my mistakes and no spell check here not a big deal I still have 30 years at this, spelling a lot more but did not spend a lot of college time on it.
If you can't read my posts then don't
I most lilkley forgot more about Industrial/motor oil formulation's than most here.
Bruce

AS long as the gold meets the same Approvals as the Green and stays priced below $6.00 I think it will be a bargin for a full-polyester based oil.

I will use the GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by fuel tanker man:
Did you know that Daniel Boone once killed a grizzly bear at fifty paces with his hatchet? Yessiree Bob he did!

(And now for the boring truth... Daniel Boone once threw his hatchet at a bear and climbed up a tree until the bear got bored and left).

And it'll be the same for the GC afficianados. They'll be sitting around telling of that "great, green elixer" for generations to come... how that old Nissan ran 350,000 miles... "no, it was 450,000 I'm quite sure of it!" And so on and so forth.

"Nawp, they don't make awrul like they used to Laddie."

Green German Castrol. That pablum of delirium... The stuff that grossly exaggerated legends are made of.
tongue.gif

Dan

Well, Dan, aren't we in a mood today? IF people are still talking about it way into the future, will the stories get exaggerated?...almost certainly, but "the pablum of delerium?" I don't think so. If this stuff were pablum and we were smart enough to consistently dine on it, our three score and ten years on this earth would increase to more like like five score and twenty.

quote:

Originally posted by fuel tanker man:

tongue.gif

Dan

Sir:

These are fighting words and not protected by the First Amendment. You should not go outside for awhile. There is a posse of elves surrounding your house. I have been told that they have a rope. Some may have guns.
itschy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back