I just bought 21 quarts of GC.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
How should I break the news to my wife I just bought over 100 bucks worth of OIL?
crushedcar.gif

Tell her that you saved over $300 because the oil can be used for extended drains. In other words that it can be run for three times as long as conventional oil. Also tell her that that extra money saved will be used to take her out to dinner.
grin.gif

I plan on doing 6k drains, longer maybe if the UOA gives GC the nod for 8-9K. SO thats enough oil for at min. 24k. Hmmm.. I might start running GC in my truck as well... i dunno... I should stick with Amsoil, after all I sell the stuff.

Boaz,

Where did you buy your GC ? How much was each Quart ?
If you bought it at AutoZone, did you use the AutoZone reward card ??

[ June 17, 2005, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: LT4 Vette ]

yup, I had the dude ring up as 4 different transactions. So I have 4 punches now!!!
I totally scored today!

but the Amsoil gods are frowning on me today!

I'm guessing you will use the $20.00 gift card for more GC ?
cheers.gif

You can save even more $$$ if you wait for GC to go on sale......and then use the AZ card.

quote:

Originally posted by Boaz:
No I mean, I am hoarding castrol but I am a Amsoil dealer... kind of Ironic!

Not only are you an Amsoil dealer but I now declare you an honorary Elf...such courage and boldness deserve recognition. The Elves think you are ALL RIGHT!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Boaz,

Where did you buy your GC ? How much was each Quart ?
If you bought it at AutoZone, did you use the AutoZone reward card ??

I got it at AZ. I think the price was 4.99 per quart
frown.gif
I did use the rewards card. I think I need one more punch before I get the gift card.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

No I mean, I am hoarding castrol but I am a Amsoil dealer... kind of Ironic!

Not only are you an Amsoil dealer but I now declare you an honorary Elf...such courage and boldness deserve recognition. The Elves think you are ALL RIGHT!
grin.gif

Yeah I hate to diss my brand, but GC is just so unique and I cant wait to run it in my jeep. I can t make my mind up on using it in my 4 runner. I might try it because the toyota V-6 has a notorious lifter tick... hmm might quiet it down. I know Mobil1 and Amsoil didnt make it any quieter.... hmmmmm the elves must pray to make my noisey lifters go away~!

quote:

cheers.gif

You can save even more $$$ if you wait for GC to go on sale......and then use the AZ card.

What is the typical price when it goes on sale? I saw a coupon for Pepboys today in the paper that advertised 3.99 per quart. I checked one pep boys for GC but didnt see any.. has anyone ever scored GC anywhere other than AZ?

quote:

quote:

cheers.gif

What is the typical price when it goes on sale? I saw a coupon for Pepboys today in the paper that advertised 3.99 per quart. I checked one pep boys for GC but didnt see any.. has anyone ever scored GC anywhere other than AZ?

Typically the sale price is $3.99 or $4.29. It is not available at the Peppy ones...in the US, Az is da place...in Canada...Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire (and I may have heard one other source mentioned). If the tick doesn't go away it won't be because the little guys haven't tried.

quote:

quote:

cheers.gif

You can cheat if you feel so inclined. You can do 1 of 2 things. Bring the coupon to AZ and see if they will price match (talk to the store manager only). Some stores will, some won't.
If they won't, go to PB and buy some 5w-50 or whatever and then bring it to AZ to "exchange" it for the correct oil.
I am not endorsing this, just saying it is an option.

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:

quote:

quote:

cheers.gif

You can cheat if you feel so inclined. You can do 1 of 2 things. Bring the coupon to AZ and see if they will price match (talk to the store manager only). Some stores will, some won't.
If they won't, go to PB and buy some 5w-50 or whatever and then bring it to AZ to "exchange" it for the correct oil.

Would they exchange it without a sales reciept?

BUMP

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:

quote:

quote:

cheers.gif

Would they exchange it without a sales reciept?

Will they?

tell her you're a speculator and that GC price will tenfold in about 3 years. just make sure you sell before the bubble burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back