looking for GC uoa advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, was wondering if you guys could give me your advice on my first uoa with GC.The GC is in a 96 Jimmy 4.3L V6, 80,000 miles on it.I used to use Castrol 5-30 dino with 3,000 oci, with Wix or Acdelco filter.currently using a Wix filter with the GC and was going to do my first uoa at 5,000 oci, does that sound about right? I am looking to extend my oci's on this truck to 7,500 and I must say so far this oil has surpassed my expectations
bowdown.gif
and can see why so many people are on this bandwagon....... if I can only get some more in my area I will be all set
fruit.gif

Pscholte, thanks for the advice been doing my homework on the green elixir of life and it has earned a place in all my rides, just hope I can score some more, gotta keep the elves with job security lol! my wife just looks at me like uhhhhh
gr_eek2.gif
man can't wait for my first uoa
burnout.gif

Hopefully, she will either get used to your infatuation with it or she'll learnt to tolerate it; if wives would stop and think, it is kind of a benign passion to have...they should be thankful, right? YUP!

PS Put a little behind your ears every once in a while so she can get hooked on the smell!
wink.gif

PPS You'll know she's gotten on board when SHE starts putting a little dab behind her ears.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Pscholte, that is some creative thinking there.she seems to be getting used to our missions to AZ, she says I will leave the car repair department up to you
grin.gif
.she just can not see all the hub bub about oil, I will have to admit that she does like it when I tell her that our suv's will last a very long time if I can keep up the proactive mindset.... fix it before it breaks lol!

hahaha, i try to talk to my friends about all of the virtues of motor oil and GC, but they look at me funny. I have a Jimmy, I put mobil 1 in last change but my try out the green stuff next go around if it takes to the 4.3 as well as you say.

Cortazzo, you may want to give the green a shot, my motor has always been smooth and quiet but I have noticed an improvement in both areas.my wife loves our Jimmy and wants to hang on to it for a long time, just trying to keep it running well as long as I can.knock on wood this has been a very dependable ride, does not owe me a dime. not sure if you have tried FP at all? it works great at keeping the whole fuel system clean and this is important due to the fact that these EGR valves are prone to blockage from carbon deposits which can lead to check engine light coming on and some rough running engine issues. my mechanic friend made me aware of this when I first bought the truck.that guy really knows his stuff something to keep an eye on
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back