Scored some GC....Think I'll give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between the four AutoZones within driving distance of me, I came home with 19 quarts of GC!!!
Four of the old batch, the rest new batch.

Have had 7 quarts in the 02 TrailBlazer{30K} for the last two weeks with a PureOne filter, and that big L6 really seems to like it. Think will leave it in until the oil change monitor says to change it, probably at about 8k. Will change the filter at 4-5K. {NAPA Gold or Purolator} Glove box manual says to change the oil once a year or 7.5K.......I figure the GC is easily good for the oil life monitor duration.

Friends that work at places like NAPA and other auto repair shops say O-No, a 0w30 can't be any good for the summer here in MI......I say bunk, about a Zillon times better than the V,C, or NAPA 10w30 dino they would use......

If I still like this oil come fall, I plan on using it in my son's Acura Integra GS-R {96 133K}when he goes back to school. Think it will make a fine oil for a car setting for a week in the cold, then driven home 70 miles on the weekend. And I won't have to change it all winter!!

For the old beater Maxima {94 137K}.....Driven 3 miles a day to high school, think I,ll just keep changing that Pennzoil every 90 days, and the filter every other time..............

Really enjoy this site, so much great information....I think I am gitting kinda weard though......cutting all those used oil filters up. My sons collage buddys come over and see hacked open oil filters on the work bench.....you can bet they never seen the inside's of a filter before........all there concerned about is wheels and neon lights.......

Take Care..........

[ April 26, 2004, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: 94MaxGXE ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back