Butler Coolant Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took up Mark "Stinky" on his offer to tryout the Coolant Analysis with Butler. Im very impressed with their service and highly recommend it to others.

In my situation, it seemed that the coolant was in good condition except that it had dirt and solids in it. I was advised to change it out immediately. I was further advised rather than to do a drain and refill that I needed to have the radiator drained, cleaned, flushed, and refilled. I was informed that my water pump was having to work harder than it should and that I should take urgent action.

Anyway, I learned a lot from Butler and I highly recommend there service to others. I always thought that if the coolant was active and good that you were ok. Butler said that the target glycol rate was 50% and that I was at 54% so I feel that I was in good shape with the coolant. Butler however informed me that urgent action was needed and that other issues needed to be addressed.

Coolant costs about $9 a bottle these days and I imagine that even for do it yourselfers that it would be advisable to pay for a coolant analysis to make certain that your timetable for coolant change is on track. I thought that I had 30,000 miles of life between coolant changes and I didnt quite get there but I did need to change it. Maybe I saved my waterpump or another expensive repair. Maybe other people will see 30,000 miles come and go with Butler recommending that they can get 10,000-20,000 more miles out of their coolant.

Anyway, Im now a believer in coolant analysis. Id like to thank Stinky and his team for their great service.

Happy Motoring All,

cool.gif

Bugshu

I had an analysis on my 01 and 95 Ford PSD done. The 01 is the original factory and the 95 is John Deere coolant. I will post the results later when I get them hosted.

I to was very impressed with the service and the read outs.

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back