AMSOIL Canadian customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
posted May 24, 2005 05:12 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is my pleasure to be a part of this BB and to help in any way that I can.
I would like to first give a little back ground on myself and say that I'm just an ordinary working man. I'm 53 years old and have being out in the working world since Dec. 1969.
I worked as a mechanic for a John Deere dealership and as such had the opportunity to work on small 2-cycle engines right up to the large 4-wheel drive tractors.
I left there and went to work in Sarnia at Esso Chemical for a while then went back to another John Deere dealer. I later went on to drive trucks after my knees started to go bad from being on cement floors.
After my father passed away I started to help out on the farm and now my brother and I run a little over a 1000 acres.
(As a side note, this may be our last year farming, my brother is 10 years older than me and wants to retire. So now that my AMSOIL business is doing so well I will be able to give my full attention to it and give the best service that I can.)

http://www.pbase.com/djstefanik/farming_2002

As life went on I got into building and flying radio controlled airplanes. From there I built a Challenger II Ultralight and with that I came upon AMSOIL.

http://www.xcelco.on.ca/~stefanik/challenger.html

A lot of the Ultralight guys were using the 100:1 premix. It helped to eliminate the carbon buildup problem associated with 2-cycle engines. Especially the Challenger line becouse of the inverted engine design.
Once I became an AMSOIL dealer I slowly learned about the product line and what it could do for our own equipment and decided this would make a good business to pursue.
11 years later I'm a Master Direct Jobber with gross sales of over $140,000.00.
I first started off with Commercial accounts, but over the last few years have really started to concentrate on Retail accounts.
Another thing that I have found is that the Internet along with BB's and such have opened up the world to us. People who frequent these boards learn from first hand experience the good , the bad, and the ugly of what is available for the consumer.

As for my part on this BB.
I will help to try and answer questions that I may know the answer too. I will also like to give discounts to my Canadian customers.
American customers can get help from the other 2 AMSOIL dealers on here. Unless they want to purchase from me as well.My writing skills are not that great and I may at times not word things the way I like, so please excuse me if something doesn't sound right. I don't mean to be offensive or combative. Just bare with me.
For those wishing to purchase product I take Visa so give me a call or email anytime.

Thanks again for the opportunity to be a working part of this BB.

Don Stefanik
http://www.soslube.com
[email protected]

welcome.gif

Nice websites Don.
cheers.gif

quote:

A lot of the Ultralight guys were using the 100:1 premix. It helped to eliminate the carbon buildup problem associated with 2-cycle engines.

It's actually specified in the manual of some planes! I didn't know this until I started to get calls out of the blue. I keep a case on hand just for this crowd - they often need it on Friday for weekends.

I emailed Don the other night to welcome him to BITOG and ask him about his farm and received a quick reply. Don is a true gentleman and I welcome him to the site. If I were in Canada I would love to go flying with him.

Don, fly that Challenger down to the Oshkosh Air Show. I will be there in the Ultralight section. I will be easy to find. I will be wearing my bright yellow Pennzoil hat.
grin.gif
patriot.gif
canada.gif

Thanks guys.
SOrry Johnny. I sold my CHallenger II a few yaers back. Kinda did everyhting I wanted to with it and moved on to a 2001 Honda GL1800 Goldwing as have my friends who used to keep their planes here.
Oshkosh is an awsome place!!!!!
May make plans to go there again some year.
Don

I'd also like to add my hours of operation.

I'm open 7:00am till 11:00pm 7 days a week.

As long as I'm home or know you are coming over to get product I will gladly serve you. Mind you that is if you happpen to be going by (along the 402 as I'm only 10 miles/16km north or Forest)

Phone calls are welcome to answer any questions and if I don't know the answer I will try my best to find out for you and call you back or email it.

Don, where exactly is Forest? I've lived in Mississauga my entire life but never heard of Forest, Ontario. I'm guessing it's in the Niagara/St Catharines region?

Forest is between Sarnia and London.
I'm only a couple of miles from the shores of Lake Huron.

Highway 21 runs north from 402 into Forest then up north towrads Grand Bend and then Goderich.

Mapquest showing where Forest is.
I'm north west of the town on Fuller Road which is the first road off of Townsend Line.
I just haven't figured out how to place the star where I am.

web page

I confused highway 402 with highway 406, that's why I thought it was in Niagara. Now I remember highway 402, since I've taken it to get to Michigan a couple of times, when I've crossed over in Port Huron. It's very nice in that area!

It's been a couple of years since I have been a sponsor to this board.
I was wondering if I could be one again and who do I talk to to do the PayPal.

Originally Posted By: Don Stefanik

You need to contact Helen first.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Don Stefanik

You need to contact Helen first.

I am kinda wondering if an East/West/North/South sponsor of the old is avaliable anymore? I would think......most likely _NOYES____!

Last edited:
I was informed that they don't want any more AMSOIL sponsors on the board.
So I will have to wait till there is an opening and hopefully I can become a board sponsor again.

It makes since and is fair that only one sponser per product/s offered should be allowed! Pablo is that person....Helen might need to throw many names in the hat one day for a replacement if Pablo leaves
wink.gif

I understand. I was hoping to represent the Canadians that frequent this board, and would like to deal with a Canadian AMSOIL dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back