Royal Purple = Increased HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The college I attended had a chassis dyno, and I had the same questions, as just to see what the engine was putting out. The car was a 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC. All in one afternoon, we did the dyno testing. To start, it had Valvoline 5W-30 I think...maybe 10W-30. After changing it to Mobil-1 5W-30 (we blew out the crankcase and got an extra .75qt, too), the dyno was showing 4-5 maybe 6 HP, but it didn't show until above the ~4500RPM range. It did seem to make a difference, that was certain, but it could also be something arbitrary, really. Personally, I was excited, and that just gave me another reason to use good Mobil-1!!! The testing was done, so both runs were at same testing conditions, but also coverted to STP.

quote:

Originally posted by fogger400:
Bringing an old thread back to life.

I found this site through google as I was searching for oil filter info and after looking around I stumbled upon this thread. I just wanted to add more info on what Rat407 and others were talking about(the car on HotRod TV).

It was a 00' camaro, the guy that owns the car is a member of another webboard I visit daily. The original fluid they replaced with Royal Purple was fresh Redline products.

Here is a qoute from one of his posts about the show:
quote:

Can't complain though, as the Royal Purple they put in it, picked up almost 10 rwhp over the fresh Redline stuff I had in it!!! They replaced the oil, tranny fluid, and rear end fluid.

Just thought I would share the info with you guys.
Have a nice day.

Hmmmm...was this a drive by? Fogger, are you still with us? You've surely raised some eyebrows and will have people wanting to discuss this with you (and ideally your pal with the '00 Camaro). Don't go away so quickly.

BTW..Swift.....that crack about turning the Tacoma into a nitro funny car gave me a good laugh.
lol.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by dmon:
I have a 96' Camaro SS. Need recommendations for motor oil please.

I've seen excellent results in my LT1 engine with the German Castrol Syntec 0w30. You'd do well with Amsoil 5w30, Redline 5w30, Royal Purple Racing 41, or Mobil 1 0w40 too. The LT1 engine likes a thick 30wt to low 40wt oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back