Honda Accord diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.carenthusiast.com/news.html?article=157

Coming this february in UK and in 2006 in USA.

Anyone know the conversion from newton/meters to ft/lbs torque and can do the math for us. 340 Nm at just 2,000 rpms.
Never mind found it. about 250 ft/lbs.

I wonder what the 53.3 combined mileage is? kpg or mpg?

Any VW tdi owners think they might buy one?

[ January 25, 2004, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: wulimaster ]

Okay, I'll bite. What is your source for the information that we will see a Honda diesel in the USA in the near future? I'm interested. Honda reliability and VW TDI economy...

quote:

Originally posted by segfault:
Okay, I'll bite. What is your source for the information that we will see a Honda diesel in the USA in the near future? I'm interested. Honda reliability and VW TDI economy...

Sorry, I lost the source. Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel will be coming in 2006 and I believe it will meet emission requirements. Call Honda USA?

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:

Any VW tdi owners think they might buy one?

Yes, I think Honda makes a great car. But the poor mileage would take some getting used to. I average 56 with my TDI.

Tim

Can I get a Turbo Diesel LS1 please?!
smile.gif

Why don't they make a diesel hybrid? Doesn't the electric one already get like 70mpg? 40mpg would be great...but I certainly would never drive an economy car to get it.
grin.gif
tongue.gif

The bottom line is:

The next car company that does the TDI in a better car/format than VW will have a real seller.

I for one would buy one in a heartbeat.

The Americans can't/won't.

Japanese? They won't miss the market.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
The bottom line is:

The next car company that does the TDI in a better car/format than VW will have a real seller.

The Americans can't/won't.

Japanese? They won't miss the market.

I doubt it, Americans are too stupid to buy a car that gets 53mpg.

BTW, Ford Focus has a Diesel in Germany that is on par with the TDI. Yes I would buy one of those.

But what I really want is a small pickup that gets 40+ mpg, that is Turbo Diesel I-4.

quote:

Originally posted by ZmOz:
Why don't they make a diesel hybrid? Doesn't the electric one already get like 70mpg? 40mpg would be great...but I certainly would never drive an economy car to get it.
grin.gif
tongue.gif

There was a Dodge Intrepid diesel hybrid prototype until the Daimler management killed it. DC is betting on fuel cells.

quote:

But what I really want is a small pickup that gets 40+ mpg, that is Turbo Diesel I-4.

This is desirable, I don't think there's been a compact diesel pickup since Isuzu around 1990. That was a non-turbo 50ish hp slug, too, IIRC.

I don't know why the Koreans haven't gotten into the small pickup fray. Daewoo or Kia/Hyundai could be making a $8999 2wd minitruck for those fleets that love the things. Keep the chassis cheap and the diesel engine option won't price the whole unit out of the ballpark... They could source a diesel from someone with excess capacity if they don't feel like making one themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back