Where to buy PEAK Global LifeTime Coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's "lifetime" subject to cooling system temps, how harsh can the air-conditioned cakewalk inside a Walgreens be?
gr_eek2.gif

(Just be sure to check that the foil seal is intact.)

Well, coolant has a recommended shelf life of approximately 1-yr, for some reason. I think it may have something to do with additive fallout as the container sits still for so long...
confused.gif

I believe the shelf life for the old high-silicated antifreezes was ~2-yrs - basically the same as their working life before nasty, gooey things began happening in the bottom of the jug. Does Old World indicate a limited shelf life for their lifetime syrup?

They do not advertise a specific "limit," but they purely "prefer" that it be used within 1-yr of purchase, and I suspect that it has something to do with additive fallout or what not.

After all, ATF is probably not meant to be stored for extended periods of time, but its considered lifetime fill now in many vehicles as well...

No luck at AutoZone. Haven't hit Napa or PepBoys yet.

There's plenty at Walgreens but I'm hesitant to buy from there due to how slowly the stock moves.

Any ideas? TIA.

I wish you wouldn't have said that. I have got two gallons of Dexron/Mercon iii in the garage waiting in reserve. Now I've got a good excuse to do some short drains for the trans.

confused.gif
pat.gif

quote:

Originally posted by MC5W20:
I have got two gallons of Dexron/Mercon iii in the garage waiting in reserve.

Relax. This is OIL, not fresh dairy product, produce, beef, pork, or poultry. If the contents are sealed against oxidizing agents , such as nitrates, and stored in ambient temperatures suitable for mammalian life, it's stable indefinitely according to MSDSs. (Besides, how unstable can the stuff be in storage if it survives the elevated temperatures of normal operation over 30,000 miles, fer cryin' out loud!?
wink.gif
)

Getting back on topic, Havoline states outright on its website that DEX-COOL® is storage stable at least (their words, not mine) out to eight years. That wording implies longer stability, but eight years is their warranty limit in storage.

[ August 16, 2006, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Ray H ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:

quote:

Originally posted by MC5W20:
I have got two gallons of Dexron/Mercon iii in the garage waiting in reserve.

Relax. This is OIL, not fresh dairy product, produce, beef, pork, or poultry. If the contents are sealed against oxidizing agents , such as nitrates, and stored in ambient temperatures suitable for mammalian life, it's stable indefinitely according to MSDSs. (Besides, how unstable can the stuff be in storage if it survives the elevated temperatures of normal operation over 30,000 miles, fer cryin' out loud!?
wink.gif
)

I had my pan modified with a nut welded to it so drains would be a snap. I keep trying to do it every other oil change (6k) but I just can't help myself from doing it every oil change, seeing it is so easy to change now. I thought for sure I would only do drains on the trans every 6k miles. But now it looks like I got an excuse to drain with next oil change. Which should be in three days. It get up to about 130 degrees in my garage here in Arizona. Doesn't quite fit my definition of fit for mamamals. So I guess I better get rid of it
wink.gif

I've seen PEAK Global LifeTime at Kmart and Rite Aid. I'm currently running it in my dads Toyota Camry. You can tell sometimes stuff that has been on the shelf for a while has a lot of dust on the jug. The PEAK I got at Kmart had a lot of dust on it. I would consider Prestone as an alternative.

Local Sam's Club only sells PEAK conventional coolant, in the blue bottle. 6 gallon packs only.
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back