Anyone use PB Blaster Garage Door Lube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the subject states: anyone use PB Blaster GDL? I picked a can of this up at Big Lots for $1.49. I figured "what the heck" for this price. I have not tried it yet.

Yes it's very good stuff. Extremely expensive to buy at hardware stores. I would suggest that you quietly go back to Big Lots and buy what they have left.
cool.gif

Good stuff, smells funky though. Dollar for the small cans at dollar store, maybe I should go back and hoard them up, LOL! Put em next to the $1 troparctic semi syn, made a pig out of myself on that deal.

The can was small -- it wasn't as large as the regular PB Blaster. I can't remember the "oz" off hand...I might grab a few more cans...It has to be better than my "10-yr old Slick 50 general lube"! Although I have had good luck using it on squeaky interior doors:)

I'd buy the GDL from PB if I had a garage upon which to install a door.....
The printing on the can is so small that I cannot read it - What other uses does it have..??
I think PB goofed and made too much of this stuff, so the excess ends up at Big Lots..
The aroma means nothing to me; if the product is effective, it can smell like..........

i have used it extensively on apartment complex garages. it works very well. not much odor. sticks well and is easy to get out of clothes. i think we paid about 5 bucks a can for it 3 years ago. at a buck its a steal. one thing though, you can hardly ever get the can all of the way empty before the propellant is all gone.

$1.49 buys you 0.5 ounces at Big Lots. Go get yourself a huge 16 ounce can from Pep Boys for about 5 bucks. You'd need 32 Big Lots cans to equal 1 Pep Boys can, and the Pep Boys can would cost you about 45 cents/ounce, while the Big Lots.....$2.98 per ounce!!!!

Now, the Big Lots "deal" doesn't look so much like a deal anymore!

Humm, I'll have to check. I'm pretty sure the can is bigger than .5 ounces. That would be 1 large drop? We don't have a Pep Boys. Do they carry the Garage Door Lube? I have a 16oz can of the Penetrator. The GDL is about 1/3 the physical size. I'll definately check the contents when I get home. You have me thinking now.

I checked, and my GDL can is 5 onces:

"Net Wt. 5 oz."

It looks like the PB Penetrating Catalyst comes in 12 and 16 oz. Although I swear the can I picked up up walmart said 11??

I stand corrected. Checked my BL's and yes indeed, the lube comes in a 5 ounce can. Somehow, I saw the 5 as .5. Should have worn my glasses.

So it seems that the 5 ounce cans might save a few pennies over the 16 ounce can, which Pep Boys sells here in CA for about $5.50 a can IIRC. Might be a wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back