New(?) Blaster Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Pep Boys next to the PB Blaster I noticed two new products. "Garage Door Lube" is supposed to be a dry lube that won't attract dirt, etc. Sprayed a little and indeed it dried nice and slippery. Had a funky, kinda pungent odor I couldn't place.

The other was "The Dry Lube:" I think it was called that, anyway. Can said it had teflon and would be a good lube for household stuff. Again, yes it dried nice and slippery, and completely dry.

Questions are, anybody know anything about these? Which one would you choose for various applications? Sunroof tracks and power antennas come to mind, but which one for what application, and why, and what other applications? What is there to keep a "dry" lube like these from simply being scraped away between the parts it's supposed to lubricate?

- Glenn

I hope you were picking up motor oil and a filter while you were there. The garage door lube is excellent stuff, but it shouldn't of had any smell what so ever. I think you're referring to the PB Blaster Catalyst, which has a mighty potent scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back