making oil water soluble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, I need help with trying to make oil water soluble. What would I mix with it? Would the same product work to make a vegetable oil water soluble? The end product would be a machine lube product.

Thanks

long subject emuslifiers oh about 20 or can be used then you need.
alkalinity
biocide
fungicide
anti foam
wetting additive
hard water additive
lubericant booster
EP/AW additve
copper inb
etc

long subject just buy a ready made product and be happy to many trade secrets to give better info

bruce

Making it soluble might be a bit(?!) tricky, but emulsions are not that difficult to make, and they've been in use for a long time. We've had it in a machine shop well over 20 years ago.

oil is NOT water soluable in an emulsion (by definition). an emulsion is "a suspension of small globules of one liquid in a second liquid with which the first will not mix".

I'm not a chemist but I believe to make an oil "water soluble", the oil needs to be chemically altered and it will no longer be an oil.

I really don't think there is any way for that to happen I think that somewhere in the definition of oil is that is doesn't mix with water.

Certain specifications of brake fluid absorb a small amount of water, but I think you are looking for something else other than brake fluid. I think you will need to look for something with the properties you need that already is soluable to water, but I wouldn't know what that would be, if there is anything.

It sounds like you should consider an over-the-counter product ... like mayonaise or hand lotion ... both are ready-made emulsions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back