Kroil Oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tearing down 2 Bigblock Mopars that sat in the rain for years...One a 66 440 and the other a 76 400. I mean I have to bust the pistons out of the cylinders, however....Kroil Oil...the penetrating oil that creeps really works. The valves were rusted...or should I say melted to the guides and seats..the rings and pistons were rusted...melted to the cylinder walls. Kroil oil broke them loose..do a engine search for this oil. You will be satisified...I am.

I like Kroil for the worst of the worst stuff. PB Blaster is great for most rusty bits, but there is something about the kreep of kroil.

I fact I had some ancient 1930's parts where I alternated Kroil and PB Blaster for a few days and finally got movage.

I've been using Kroil about 5 years, its by far the best penetrating oil I have used.

Its a bit expensive, but as cleaning solvent in the solvent tank......it's the best, and lasts. It sure beats the Stoddard type solvents and the lame Eco-friendly type solvents. But, like i said, 30 gallons in my solvent tank is expensive.

AeroKroil is one of my best friends. I have a whole case of it.
smile.gif

Used a lot by maintenance crews at a power plant I used to work in..... Lots and lots. Guys liked to call it panther p*ss for some reason - I assume the smell..
lol.gif

I was once given an old RCBS Rock Chucker Press and the ram was rusted in place, after trying about 4 or 5 other things I gave it a couple of good soakings with Kroil and it broke loose. I always keep some on hand.

Ray,

I just got a can of Kroil at the local John Deere dealer. I was surprized to see it there (never saw it on sale anywhere else). Try your local John Deere dealer? Good luck.

Ray the web site, would in fact make you think, that they only sell to businesses, but they will sell to anyone. I bought it there, and I'm an old man, been retired for years. Great stuff, buy some, you won't be sorry.

Of course its not made for it, but I use it on the bottom of my lawnmower. I put it in a spray bottle, and spray the bottom, and it will last a few cuttings, and the grass doesn't stick to it at all. I guess its a high priced lube for that, but I hate cleaning the grass off the bottom of the mower. Works a lot better than a water hose.

Interesting smell, I once stopped my truck with enclosed trailer in tow, got out and immediately smelled Kroil....uh oh! A can of AeroKroil had gotten knocked over and the button was pressed by something until it was empty
mad.gif

Made the trailer smell good for a long time
grin.gif

Never used it, but definitely gonna give it a shot after reading these posts.

Tom slick...PB does smell a little, but believe me I'd sit next to an open can of it on the subway ride home anyday, rather than a bum. PB never made me leave my shop, but bums have made me leave the train. LOL.
grin.gif

Kroil makes a product called Kreen which is supposed to clean engines internally. Don't know how good it is, though. You add it to the oil and gas.

I've used this for rusted engine screws on small engines, worked every time. I've thought that if I come across an engine that wasn't started in a very long that it would probably be the best thing to use as the starting cylinder lube. ...Either that or LC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back